GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Engine mounts talk to me...

fatvdub

Passed Driver's Ed
Im APR Stage 2 with supporting mods. Daily driven 78,000 miles, OG owner

I just bought the dog bone mount, insert and new pucks. looking to maybe replace both side mounts as well, if that's something else i should be thinking about. I believe the engine movement has caused my 42DD downpipe to crack at the flange.
What are your experiences with mounts and what's recomended?

csumt76

Go Kart Champion
I think if I was getting some I would do the 034 street. I'm still on stock stuff but I've had experience with other cars.

I did a racecar mount on a Mini a few years ago for a well known motorcycle racer. He made it to the end of the street before he called and said we were pulling it back off.

somerset9

Ready to race!
The EA113 is very smooth. I have the 75A Torque Solution mount (a little stiffer as I think the 034 street and BFI mounts are 65A for Stage 1) and no complaints at all from NVH. With AC you do feel a little more and you do have to be deliberate when shifting. I would highly recommend.

The only thing is that while vibrations are very well dampened, engine braking and abruptly letting off the gas in 1st and 2nd will feel a little herky jerky, but worth the tradeoff I feel. Throttle response and just how the solid the car feels is very nice.

GolNat

Go Kart Champion
I will doing BFI. I have a Neuspeed insert in at the moment and will pair that with an APR pendulum mount.

torga

Autocross Newbie
I'm in a weird position because my car already had BSH mounts when I purchased it. No idea if they're good or bad, as I've never driven another Mk6. It doesn't feel shakier or louder than my last car, so I suppose they're all right.

I've heard from many that BFI's mounts are good, and I also like them because they're aesthetically pleasing. I know that's not a mount's job, but they're handsomely designed.

Allchokedup

Ready to race!
I have 15k miles on my 034 streets and no complaints. I'm ko4
Mounts are easy to do just have to move swirl ball on one side and I think battery on the other.
Put a jack under the oil pan and a large surface area piece of wood. Try to be on flat ground so it doesn't move too much.
Be careful as bolts are steel and the go into aluminum threads. I had to swap the bracket on the passenger side because I stripped them out trying to suck the motor up. I "think" iirc they torque to 85ftlbs.

DASVDUB

Drag Race Newbie
034 engine mounts are straight garbage. Better off buying OEM again. Plenty of examples on forums and FB of failed 034 mounts. BFI mounts ftw.