GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EPC + CEL + Error Beside Cruise Control on MFI

camelgolf

Ready to race!
Hey everyone, 2.5 owner here. Wondering what your thoughts are on this and if any of you have come across this problem?

I was driving around tonight and next thing I know my EPC light comes on on the dash as well as my CEL. I was stopped at a light but when I started to go I noticed that I was in limp mode, as well as there was an error ("Err") beside the cruise control icon on the MFI. I've read on a couple of other threads that this might be a coil pack issue or could also be a battery issue causing electrical problems (I've had the same battery for the life of the car, 7.5 years ~85k miles). I already tried pressing down each coil to make sure one didn't shake loose - this isn't the issue. Also, when I shut the car off when I got home and restarted it, my steering felt heavier and all the lights were still there... Picture attached for reference!

Any input is much appreciated! If I do end up replacing the coils, what are some good aftermarket ones for the 2.5 motor?

Thanks!

Attachments

MLue1

Go Kart Champion
The power steering is Electric, so if it feels heavy you may not be getting enough power.

Take it to an Autozone, NAPA, Advance Auto they will check your battery and charging voltage.

camelgolf

Ready to race!
The power steering is Electric, so if it feels heavy you may not be getting enough power.

Take it to an Autozone, NAPA, Advance Auto they will check your battery and charging voltage.
I just installed a new battery today as I needed one anyway (car would never start in the winter). Also just today I would start the car and then it would die 2 seconds later . I started it again, gave it a little guess and then it would stay idling... I really don’t want to replace the TB just to find out it’s not the problem