GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne stage 2 vs canned tunes

Tkwmk6

Is anyone running eurodyne stage 2 high torque? Please full me in on your experience should be looking at a different tune currently stage 2 fbo besides front mount don’t think my tune is giving me the power it should

GolNat

Autocross Champion
What tune are you running?

Are all your maintenance items up to date? Plugs, coil packs, PCV is in good health, DV holding boost, no boost leaks? Have you done any data logging?

Tkwmk6

What tune are you running?

Are all your maintenance items up to date? Plugs, coil packs, PCV is in good health, DV holding boost, no boost leaks? Have you done any data logging?
I haven’t done any logs I have a custom tune from a local tuner I’m running 25psi and it doesn’t even wana break loose in second in the rain I have no missfires no boost leaks my vacuum is 20hg usually, the tuner I had was very conservative the opposite of what I want if it was up to him I’d be running 14psi my tune has never been enough to make my clutch slip once an I have 194k on the car never had an issue with the pcv on this car just got the hs tuning diy clutch an iabed rms I have full bolt ons besides stock intercooler and stock diverter an I don’t think I’m making even 260hp polar fis says I’m making 254

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Eurodyne has been in the game for a while. I have not seen much about them on the forum since I joined but they have solid looking base files. Once you buy the tuning suite you get all the base files up to stage 3 which is nice. APR has a high torque file. My Unitronic tune is solid. You could get a custom Stratified tune with a COBB Accessport.

Stage 2 is anywhere from 240-260HP so that sounds about right.

Do you have a GFB DV+? I'd do some logging before dropping money on another tune but that's me.

You in central NJ? You can compare your car to mine if you want to come toward DE.

Tkwmk6

Eurodyne has been in the game for a while. I have not seen much about them on the forum since I joined but they have solid looking base files. Once you buy the tuning suite you get all the base files up to stage 3 which is nice. APR has a high torque file. My Unitronic tune is solid. You could get a custom Stratified tune with a COBB Accessport.

Stage 2 is anywhere from 240-260HP so that sounds about right.

Do you have a GFB DV+? I'd do some logging before dropping money on another tune but that's me.

You in central NJ? You can compare your car to mine if you want to come toward DE.
Yup I’m in north jersey I have stock latest revision diverter valve the tune I have doesn’t require changing plugs or coils I’d be down to compare tunes I’ve heard people going stage 2 on these cars and needing a clutch my tune makes me feel as if my stock clutch would last forever it really shines more on the top end than anything besides that it’s kind boring are u saying I should skip the eurodyne and just go ko4? My buddy’s mk7 with uni stage one feels faster than my full bolt on stage 2 mk6

Tkwmk6

Yup I’m in north jersey I have stock latest revision diverter valve the tune I have doesn’t require changing plugs or coils I’d be down to compare tunes I’ve heard people going stage 2 on these cars and needing a clutch my tune makes me feel as if my stock clutch would last forever it really shines more on the top end than anything besides that it’s kind boring are u saying I should skip the eurodyne and just go ko4? My buddy’s mk7 with uni stage one feels faster than my full bolt on stage 2 mk6
My buddy’s r32 also feels faster it’s pretty disappointing considering stage 2 1.8ts should be mk4 r32s and these cars should make more power than 1.8ts

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Yeah stage 2 should slip the stock clutch but if your tuner kept it conservative I can see it not doing that. Sounds like they also moved the power band toward the top of RPM range which might not be ideal. My car is most enjoyable in the mid range which I like.

Feels faster doesn't mean it is. My wifes 1.4T Jetta feels fast because all the torque kicks in at like 1k RPM. Around town it's great but as soon as it ring it out it has nothing above 4k RPM.

I would expect a stage 2 MK6 to be able to keep up with a Stage 1 MK7 if you guys ran side by side. Stage 2 is surprisingly quick from 30-90 but falls on it's face above 90MPH.

I'm saying if you get Eurodyne then you will have all the base files from stage 1 to 3 for the cost of the tuning suite which is $800. So if you go K04 you won't need to pay for another tune just flash the Eurodyne K04 base file. If you upgrade from K04 you can go stage 3 without having to buy software.

So for Unitronic I had to pay $150 for the cable. I got stage 1+ software on sale for $600. Stage 2 upgrade was $50. When I go K04 it will be $150 to upgrade software so I'll be $950 in Unitronic software/hardware when it's all said and done going through all the stages.

Tkwmk6

So if I buy 8 credits to register the software and I flash on stage 2 high torque that’s all I get I can’t buy the difference in credits for maestro? Cause at that price I’d be better off getting Mabo tuned for 200$ more

GolNat

Autocross Champion

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
I remember when I first went stage 2 and I could boil the wheels off in second. Just save your money and go ko4 thank me later!

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
I have the maestro suite. When I flashed my ECU I only had the choice of Stage 1,2 and K04 91 octane base files.(maybe just my ecu code?) If you're going to stay stage 2 it's prob not worth it to get maestro although I've had good results with the base files and currently have a custom Stage 2 file. If you're eventually going K04 too then it might be a good buy.

Tkwmk6

I have the maestro suite. When I flashed my ECU I only had the choice of Stage 1,2 and K04 91 octane base files.(maybe just my ecu code?) If you're going to stay stage 2 it's prob not worth it to get maestro although I've had good results with the base files and currently have a custom Stage 2 file. If you're eventually going K04 too then it might be a good buy.
How many credits is needed for a stage 2 flash without maestro I bought my cable second hand so I think I need all 8

Tkwmk6

Well guys I got the eurodyne flash it’s awesome im pretty happy With it a lot more torque and hp everywhere over my old stage 2 tune in sure I’ll be be bored in a month or 3 an go ko4 Or franken turbo