GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

European Golf R Black-out Headlight

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
Well that was harsh. Could probably say the same about virtually everything. For that matter, take the bus and sell your car, join the peace corps, and become a vegetarian.

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
Well that was harsh. Could probably say the same about virtually everything. For that matter, take the bus and sell your car, join the peace corps, and become a vegetarian.

just my opinion. it seems like allot of dough for a cosmetic mod if the car already has xenons. do what you want, its your car. vdub it up!!!

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion
also from what i understand, sukanas is no longer on this forum. we have a chicagoland buddy who is having issues with his sukanas headlights he bought.

GTItheIllest

Ready to race!
These look so good! I am considering them, but quick question, what would I need if I have stock halogens?

TrogdorsWraith

Ready to race!
You would have to buy ALOT of things ballasts for 200ish a pop corning motors bulbs, ex, ex. You would be looking at probably over 2,000 to go from Halogen to HID with R housings. NOT WORTH IT!

allset

Go Kart Champion
u cant bake open oem housings, halogen or xenon. U can bake open most aftermarket housings from what i understand.

theres a couple of guys on this forum selling the bixenon reps in black for half the price, minus auto leveling. They do have a working shutter, so if do the research to run 55watt hids safely, u could have working bixenons. or run 35 watt hids in them.

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, I've decided to either hold out for a great price on OEM ones or stay put. I think buying reps that are in their first few releases is too risky. Baking sounds out. I will be in Germany for work soon and hope to get a deal then.

zee

Go Kart Champion
IMO, the price is fine as is, will keep it exclusive. I don't want everyone and their brothers & sister running it when I finally order mine.

Golf R rear leds are already all over Toronto. The cheaper knock-off are not helping either.

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
I want them cheap, but then no one else has them...lol. Yeah its funny when the R's show up at our weekly meet and they dont have the cool R stuff and the GTIs do.

Last edited:

dustinouch

Go Kart Champion
I'm seriously thinking about buying these, I have stock xenons but I need new head light assemblies. My stock headlights were beat to shit recently while driving home from Vegas, my whole front end actually. Still bummed about it.

zee

Go Kart Champion
^^^ Funny you mentioned that. I'm hoping to upgrade because I scratched up my passenger xenon headlight. Green sponge and plastic headlights do not mix.:(

I'm just waiting to see what a detailer can do to fix it in the spring.

Last edited:

echlon

Ready to race!
^^^ Funny you mentioned that. I'm hoping to upgrade because I scratched up my passenger xenon headlight. Green sponge and plastic headlights do not mix.:(

Green sponge? Like the dish washing hard ones ??? Why were you even scrubbing the lights, use goo gone to loosen anythign up then wash with a normal sponge :)

dustinouch

Go Kart Champion

Yah it sucks big time, but maybe this will be the push I need to swap the front end :D