GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Exhaust Ideas

Xbxryan

Hey everyone. This is in regards to my 2014 GTI. Currently running an arms 3 inch catted downpipe the rest of my exhaust is a custom straight pipe. Not really digging it. I'd really like to tone it down some. Any ideas on a great catback with that downpipe. Or should I scratch it all. I'm wondering how much the catback effects power as well. I'd like it to obviously have a nice sound and not like I'm driving a Nascar. Thanks in advance.

torga

Autocross Champion
Catback doesn't affect power.
I've heard that AWE's catback and Borla's catback sound sound great.

I can personally attest to the fact that APR's catback sounds terrific and that Beluga's catback (with a downpipe) sounds cheap.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Maybe add a resonator or 2? Vibrant is suppose to be good.

Or find someone selling a stock exhaust and put that on. With a dp it would probably still be on the quiet side.

Xbxryan

Thanks for the ideas so far. Borla and AWE seems to have really good reviews. I'll look up magnaflow. Not sure I want to go back stock though lol

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
i have my dp and test pipe mated up to the stock resonator with no stock suitcase muffler. Sounds great, quiet at idle, loud on throttle and no drone. Just my own experience.

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion
love my turbo back unitronic... sounds almost stock from inside, but lets you know its there when you get on the throttle.

only issue i had with it was that it destroyed my front mount, ended up cutting/rewelding the bracket to make it fit correcty (it was off by about 1/4-1/2")

jedred1

jedred1
I like the CTS cat back

Grabbit

Go Kart Champion
I had a full turbo back, catless SPM "Street" setup with all of the resonators aft of where the stock cat is and I didn't like the drone. It wasn't terrible but it was there. On the outside the noise was close to unnoticeable until you got on it. I ended up pulling it off and selling it. Put my OEM exhaust back on with my previous catless 3-inch eBay downpipe and haven't looked back. Zero difference in power with APR stage 2.

tofuD01

Ready to race!
I have the 2.75" non reso milltek catback paired with APR DP, it is quieter than having the stock catback with vibrant resonator...i prefer the sound of the latter but alas, i disposed of it when i swapped over for the better looking exhaust, still sounds decent enough.

R7s

Passed Driver's Ed
Being perfectly honest, the stock muffler w/resonator delete and a catted downpipe is not terrible, and actually a bit loud when you get going! If you're in the market for a catback to tag along with the downpipe, I'd say any reputable companies (if you're willing to stretch the budget), or an okay starter catback such as Rev9.

Vic_MKVI

Go Kart Newbie
I have an AWE dp and Neuspeed dual catback. Clean, crisp, and loud when I get on it.