GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Exhaust tips

alex.gitman.58

Hey guys

My exhaust tips are always black on the bottom no matter much I clean them. Any advice on how to keep them clean?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilverGrey

Passed Driver's Ed
Someone on here recommended Nevrdull. It's an impregnated wadding material in a tin. Just pull a bit off and wipe round. It was effortless (no scrubbing) and isn't abrasive so no scratching. It made my chrome tips look brand new again. I bought mine from Ebay.

josh.dsg

Ready to race!
Leave them black and nasty.. Reminds her that she's dirty and only there for your enjoyment..

lol. jk. Wax helps, but it's going to be an issue. Always will.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Someone on here recommended Nevrdull. It's an impregnated wadding material in a tin. Just pull a bit off and wipe round. It was effortless (no scrubbing) and isn't abrasive so no scratching. It made my chrome tips look brand new again. I bought mine from Ebay.

+ one for Eagle One Neverdull.
Fantastic stuff, I've been using it for years.

Best not to let them get too dirty in the first place. I use Poorboys Wheel Sealant on mine, to help keep them clean. Takes a bit more heat than normal wax. Works for me!

nkresho

suck, squish, bang, blow
Car(s)
2022 Q3
Mothers mag and aluminum on mine. Every 1-2 washes. Wipe on with a small square of paper towel, rub around, polish off with a clean rag or a couple of clean paper towels.

If you get stubborn areas, use a little piece of 0000 (extra fine) steel wool, then follow up with the polish.

Wear nitrile or latex gloves, the stuff makes a mess and doesn't want to come out from under your fingernails.

Tone1

Ready to race!

This^^ Can be had at pretty much any auto parts store too. Just don't smoke around it...