GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Extreme Performance and Competition Tires

zef

Drag Racing Champion
235/40 is 8mm taller than 225/40. You might gain a little extra grip from the wider tire but steering will be number. If you want to keep the flush mount kit I would stick with 225/40. You'll also have much better tire selection/pricing. For a daily driven Florida car I'd recommend the Michelin PS4S. Very grippy tire with excellent wet traction and good tread life. You could go with a more dedicated performance tire, but tread life and noise will be much worse, as well wet weather traction.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Firestone Firehawk Indy 500

jjohns1508

Ready to race!
I got the Pilot Sport 4S in 235/40/18.
So much better traction. The steering feels the same. It does fill the wheel well a little more but so far I really like them.

Austin Hale

You may want to check out the Toyo tires Proxes series. They have decent reviews online if you are considering installing a set of racing tires on your car.

Last edited:

orrs2000

Does anyone know the widest tire we can run on a MK6? Will a 235 or 245 fit on a 8.5 rim and clear? It didnt take much to overwhelm the traction of the front tires. lol

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Does anyone know the widest tire we can run on a MK6? Will a 235 or 245 fit on a 8.5 rim and clear? It didnt take much to overwhelm the traction of the front tires. lol
Folks can respond with good info if you tell them what the wheel offset is. I think 18in OEM offset was et51.
Wheel Offset

orrs2000

Folks can respond with good info if you tell them what the wheel offset is. I think 18in OEM offset was et51.
Wheel Offset
I am running stock rims, with a flush spacer. Obviously I can remove the spacer if i need to, in order to run a wider tire.