GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Finally... a tyrolsport radiator alternative... except...

2012TP

Drag Racing Champion
Looks decent. Thought it would’ve been atleast twice the price. But as it sits, that’s around the same as OE emplacement.

Even if it doesn’t provide any cooling benefit, it should stop the leak prone corner of a stock one.

torga

Autocross Champion
Yup, pending user reviews I'll pick this up once I need to replace my OEM rad. If it's decent quality, can't beat that price point.

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
Looks decent. Thought it would’ve been atleast twice the price. But as it sits, that’s around the same as OE emplacement.

Even if it doesn’t provide any cooling benefit, it should stop the leak prone corner of a stock one.
Yup, pending user reviews I'll pick this up once I need to replace my OEM rad. If it's decent quality, can't beat that price point.
I agree completely. If/when my OEM radiator starts leaking I'll replace with this aluminum one. I'm thankful it has provisions for the G611 sensor for those of us cursed with a CBFA motor. As much as I'm not the biggest fan of ECS I must admit I'm glad they're around and bringing parts like this to market.

Who's going to be the guinea pig and report back to us on quality?

torga

Autocross Champion
I agree completely. If/when my OEM radiator starts leaking I'll replace with this aluminum one. I'm thankful it has provisions for the G611 sensor for those of us cursed with a CBFA motor. As much as I'm not the biggest fan of ECS I must admit I'm glad they're around and bringing parts like this to market.

Who's going to be the guinea pig and report back to us on quality?
Yeah, it's nice that someone hasn't forgotten Mk6 as it seems all the big brands have practically dropped everything to develop cool things for Mk7 that we never got. I get it, them's the breaks. But it still sucks.

Sounds like it's probably made with chinesium
It's made with 5052, which isn't the best aluminum, but it welds well. This is also a non structural component, so the loss in strength relative nicer grades like 6061 or 7075 doesn't matter much.

mistaleungg

Go Kart Newbie
Anyone install Tyrolsport radiator and IE intercooler? any fitment issue?

zrickety

The Fixer
Someone posted about this on MKV I think. Compared to the Tyrol rad, this thing is a steal. Priced similar to a stock one makes it a no brainer. Definitely on my radar, maybe this summer.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Someone posted about this on MKV I think. Compared to the Tyrol rad, this thing is a steal. Priced similar to a stock one makes it a no brainer. Definitely on my radar, maybe this summer.
Agreed. I just cringe giving ECS any more of my money. I’ve avoided them for like 3.5 years now.

zrickety

The Fixer
Agreed. I just cringe giving ECS any more of my money. I’ve avoided them for like 3.5 years now.
I love Tyrolsport, but I cringe giving them $1200 for a radiator. I shop around too, but ECS has been good to me and their skid plate is a life saver.

Last edited:

drval85

Go Kart Newbie
Someone posted a photo on Facebook of an intercooler. The welds were...not quality. Probably an isolated event, but still.

Attachments

• E543ED60-F5F4-456E-AC1D-44A3DBEFBF22.jpeg
    E543ED60-F5F4-456E-AC1D-44A3DBEFBF22.jpeg
    123.8 KB · Views: 187

torga

Autocross Champion
Damn, that looks like someone spread a few tubes of bondo and just pressed the dimes into it, shittily at that. Yikes.