GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FINALLY! Mk6 ko4 vs stage 1 apr mk7

GTInsuch

Banned
Easy, I put my right foot to the floor, and I watch them disappear in my rearview mirror. Sure, the K04 is a little bit bigger than the Mk7 GTI's IHI, but the MK7 weighs significantly less. Plus variable valve lift, and we all know the obvious winner.

The video posted by the OP has at least one of a few things going on:

1) Bad driver in the MK7
2) A particularly weak running MK7
3) A custom tune on the K04 MK6 running dangerously high levels of boost
4) The K04 was running Nos

Those are the only possible ways a stage 1 MK7 could lose to a K04 MK6, and it still only barely won.

What's with the antagonistic mk7 twerps? They certainly aren't adding any value to the "community"

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
I ran an MK7 GTI when I had V2.2 and had exact same results. The MK7 had an intake too. Both DSG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Easy, I put my right foot to the floor, and I watch them disappear in my rearview mirror. Sure, the K04 is a little bit bigger than the Mk7 GTI's IHI, but the MK7 weighs significantly less. Plus variable valve lift, and we all know the obvious winner.

1) Bad driver in the MK7

Those are the only possible ways a stage 1 MK7 could lose to a K04 MK6, and it still only barely won.
I agree, I too love to troll.

wireless

Ready to race!
I've raced Stage 2 MK6's and this race pretty much looked very similar to the Stage 2 vs my k04... obviously the mk7 holds on a bit better thanks to the mid range though.

I'd bet a Stage 2 Mk6 vs Stage 1 MK7 would be a very close race.. has anyone done that yet?

Mensurpj1

Ready to race!

1) Bad driver in the MK7

1) how hard is it to hit the gas pedal while in third...I got him off the jump its not like bad shifts ruined his chances

2) his car was almost new I dont know how bad it could be running

3) APR V3.1

4) I drank some NOS energy drink that day so yes you got me there

WetMoney

Go Kart Champion
vin-diesel-20050223-27269.jpg

Artysta

Ready to race!
The result would've been different from a dig. That major wheel spin on the KO4......

Mensurpj1

Ready to race!
The result would've been different from a dig. That major wheel spin on the KO4......

please stop making yourself look foolish.....

read up on apr V3.1.....until then from a dig or 50 mph roll or 120 mph roll....a stage 1 mk7 will never beat a ko4.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion

I'm starting to like this guy. We share common interests.

jorlay

Passed Driver's Ed

Not sure why there's even an argument in this thread... video proof vs (listing out a bunch of possibilities why an mk7 lost)
If mk7 folks are so butthurt about the video and think their stage 1 cars can beat a k04 mk6, then by all means make a video already. I'm sure the mk6 peeps would like to see what potential mk7's can hit. No one's saying the mk7 is a POS and mk6 beats it in every category. If that were the case, then VW has truly failed hard to introduce a car that's inferior in every single category. All this if this if that, if i could fit a jet engine in the car, all you suckers wouldn't be talking about the k04 or stage 1. We could go all day with if's.
Sure we're trying to prove a point here, but when we get into stupid arguments like how much money you've put in your car to beat this, then honestly, if money was a factor, whoever dumps more money will come out on top.

As a matter of fact, if we're all in here to get butthurt about whose car is slower then we're probably all on the wrong platform. Sorry to break the truth to you as it's been said many times, the GTI is not a fast car at all.

We mod, we change things to make our cars better, but we do it because we have a certain limit or expectation of the car we want to reach, we do it for our own joy. If your goal in modifications is solely to brag, then i feel sorry for you. There's much more in life than that.