GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Finding that random burned out bulb to make the dash warning light go away is an exercise in futility

slag

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm stuck and its so frustrating. I've turned on the lights when its dark out and all lights are working. I've checked both bulbs in the tail /brake lights on each side, both license plate lights, both lights in the mirrors, all turn signals and running lights, and still my bulb out light is on. I don't have access to a ross tech dongle and scan tool here in Lawrence to have it tell me which one is bad either. This is so frustrating because I absolutely hate having dash warning lights on. After this is resolved, I am going to get the TPMS sensor(s) replaced so that light goes out also.
The only thing I can find out that is wrong is the shutter in my headlight doesn't work so it wont switch to high beam but I'll never use it so it doesn't matter.

Tyler12108

Go Kart Newbie
Check your F16 fuse, it can cause false bulb out errors, also, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think any of the Mk6's use actual sensors in the wheels for TPMS.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Do you have aftermarket lights? Sometimes you can't get rid of the dash light no matter what you do for coding.

slag

Passed Driver's Ed
I have an MK5 but couldn't find a forum as nice as this one, plus I posted about engine problems on my 2009 so I was already here. Does that fuse pertain to the older generation also?

slag

Passed Driver's Ed
No aftermarket lights. I bought the car at an auto salvage auction and had to replace a headlight and fix the wiring (but all the bulbs work), both front bumper lights, driver's mirror light, and one light in the license plate area. But after a visual inspection, all appear to be working.

Tyler12108

Go Kart Newbie
Sometimes I get bulb out warning on one of my aftermarket but still OE style headlights even though it still works fine, might be something like that, still never figured it out. 🤷‍♂️

slag

Passed Driver's Ed
I wonder if a scan tool like the Autel MaxiSys MS906BT would be able to perform the functions that Ross Tech's tool does. I have toyed around with getting one as it works on a large number of different vehicles, but don't think it would be as fine grained as a specific audi/vw one.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
If someone put an LED without a built in or add on resistor in somewhere it would still work, but throw a code...........