GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

First HDR Atempt

Recently Got Into the Photography Scene , and this is my First HDR Attempts , Please shoot ahead with you Comments Suggestion ,

Also i uploaded a Couple of Bracketed Photos if anyone wants to show me how its properly Done :biggrin:

Camera used : Canon S95

Download Bracketed Photos : http://www.4shared.com/file/Icqm9iQh/Brackted.html

Grmncrsnbr

SaurKimchi
Proper use if HDR is to bring out the detail in a picture with multiple lighting scenarios. Your scond pic for example is a dark car shadowed on one side, decently lit middle ground and a bright sky. If you take the picture and light the middle ground right the car is too dark and sky is too bright, either side of that will give you a proper car, blown out sky and bright middle ground or a proper sky dark middle ground and really dark car. So you would HDR in order to obtain a picture where all three areas are properly exposed giving good detail in each. What you did was over do the first one making it hazy and surreal, the second one is all together too dark and the the third is actually done pretty well. As you can see the sky, building and car all have good detail. Here is what I did with your bracketed shots.

This one was difficult has noise was showing up in the darkness of the vehicle the middle exposure may have been a little too dark causing all the cars to not be quite bright enough.

While these dont "pop" or give that surreal visual that some go for, this is how a proper HDR is done.

If you take the picture and light the middle ground right the car is too dark and sky is too bright, either side of that will give you a proper car, blown out sky and bright middle ground or a proper sky dark middle ground and really dark car

I lost u thr,

Grmncrsnbr

SaurKimchi
Look at your bracketed shots, the first one has the buildings looking well exposed, the next one will have a very dark car, a darker building and a properly exposed sky, the last one will have a blown out sky, a bright building and a properly exposed car. so basically your first one is the base shot, the second is - bracketed shot and your last one is the + bracketed shot. In your HDR you basically want the building from shot one, sky from shot two and the car from shot three.