GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fk streetline coilovers

iPanir123

Go Kart Champion
I have had these for the past 6 months or so and put about 6,000-7,000 miles on them. What I can say is that going from stock to these you definitely feel a difference in terms of ride quality. At first when people said coil overs where bouncy, I thought they where only bouncy on dips or bumps. It is actually bouncy ALL the time, so keep that in mind. Over time you get use to it so it is not a big deal, I kind of like it, but keep in mind that I am in perfect physical health and not a complainer. So if you have back problems or anything I would not really recommend them. You also feel the ground more, every little crack, pebble, whatever, you feel it. Another thing to note is that they do not take impact very well. The shocks just don't handle bumps at all. The result is if you are planning on going really low you're going to hit your axle on your frame a lot and notching your frame would be a good idea.

If you want to use these for autocross or track days, wouldn't get them. If you just want to mildly lower your car, lets say nothing more than 2" I wouldn't get these. If you want to slam the sh*t out of your car on a budget, then get these.

So saying all that determine which one you want. If you want a really comfortable ride, or use this for tracking, etc. I would save up and get something better.

Reactions: AXO

truuuuuuuuu

Ready to race!
I have had these for the past 6 months or so and put about 6,000-7,000 miles on them. What I can say is that going from stock to these you definitely feel a difference in terms of ride quality. At first when people said coil overs where bouncy, I thought they where only bouncy on dips or bumps. It is actually bouncy ALL the time, so keep that in mind. Over time you get use to it so it is not a big deal, I kind of like it, but keep in mind that I am in perfect physical health and not a complainer. So if you have back problems or anything I would not really recommend them. You also feel the ground more, every little crack, pebble, whatever, you feel it. Another thing to note is that they do not take impact very well. The shocks just don't handle bumps at all. The result is if you are planning on going really low you're going to hit your axle on your frame a lot and notching your frame would be a good idea.

If you want to use these for autocross or track days, wouldn't get them. If you just want to mildly lower your car, lets say nothing more than 2" I wouldn't get these. If you want to slam the sh*t out of your car on a budget, then get these.

So saying all that determine which one you want. If you want a really comfortable ride, or use this for tracking, etc. I would save up and get something better.

Justttttttt

Stahpp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Austin_W

Go Kart Champion
SICK! Coilovers that do nothing but ruin the ride quality and handling of my car! I can't wait to feel every crack in the road. In 9 months, my car will literally fall apart from how rough the ride is, I hope.

iPanir123

Go Kart Champion
SICK! Coilovers that do nothing but ruin the ride quality and handling of my car! I can't wait to feel every crack in the road. In 9 months, my car will literally fall apart from how rough the ride is, I hope.

It's not what I said! I said with fk street lines you feel every bump and no I didn't say the car would fall apart! :)

Austin_W

Go Kart Champion
It's not what I said! I said with fk street lines you feel every bump and no I didn't say the car would fall apart! :)

Ha i'm just poking at you. Your review would not sell me on the FK's is all I'm saying

dubmk6_ewok

Ready to race!

So if I'm looking for that 2 inch drop look what would you recommend that is still budget friendly? How do driver gear springs look. I know there only like an inch drop but those are something I've considered as well.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

AXO

Go Kart Champion
Been running FK Streetlines for almost a year. I like them. They are great for an economy coil. They are not for the track, but for daily driving they work for me.......

dubmk6_ewok

Ready to race!
Been running FK Streetlines for almost a year. I like them. They are great for an economy coil. They are not for the track, but for daily driving they work for me.......

They look good. How's your bumpiness, ride comfort etc. where do you have them set at height wise? And what wheels are those they look fantastic!!

AXO

Go Kart Champion
The wheels are VMR V710 19s. As far as bumpiness. It's not bumpy at all, then again the roads in South Florida are pretty smooth... Bumpiness will depend on the roads... They are set at approximately 24.24" FTG.

Jason3D

Go Kart Champion
People seem to have nice things to say about solowerks coilovers which are $449 w/rebate right now. Not sure how low they go though.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
So if I'm looking for that 2 inch drop look what would you recommend that is still budget friendly? How do driver gear springs look. I know there only like an inch drop but those are something I've considered as well.

dg springs will give a smoother ride over the bumps and makes the stock set up feel like shit, at least from a gti anyway. they lower slightly over one inch.

Jason3D

Go Kart Champion
dg springs will give a smoother ride over the bumps and makes the stock set up feel like shit, at least from a gti anyway. they lower slightly over one inch.

More like 1/2" to 3/4" if you have a gti. Only barely over an inch from stock golf. Not quite the same ballpark as coils like fk that are known for going low.