GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fog Light Load resistor install

bblhd

I replaced my fog lights with LED's and received the bulb out error code on my dash. so I bought a set of load resistors to clear the error. I am looking for recommendations for where to mount them. the packaging says the resistors get hot, and not to mount to plastic or painted surfaces... any pics/recommendations would be helpful.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
For the metal resistors originally - check out this DIY which uses our de360 fogs:
DIY showing where you can place the resistors

our de360 can be turned 360 degrees so you can find the best spot in your reflector housing which means it offers the best beam angle vs other models where you cannot turn the LED so you are stuck wherever the bulb points in your housing which can lead to a bad beam angle or blinding glare.

listing for the de360 fog LEDs:
http://deautokey.com/product/mk6-gti-complete-led-fog-light-kit

And we have a lifetime warranty if you have any issues we will replace these for you.

But it is very interesting they worked error free - do you have any other vcd mods that could have eliminated the errors on those?

Even the listing you shared suggest load resistors for error free operation.

aeffertz

Passed Driver's Ed
For the metal resistors originally - check out this DIY which uses our de360 fogs:
DIY showing where you can place the resistors

our de360 can be turned 360 degrees so you can find the best spot in your reflector housing which means it offers the best beam angle vs other models where you cannot turn the LED so you are stuck wherever the bulb points in your housing which can lead to a bad beam angle or blinding glare.

listing for the de360 fog LEDs:
http://deautokey.com/product/mk6-gti-complete-led-fog-light-kit

And we have a lifetime warranty if you have any issues we will replace these for you.

But it is very interesting they worked error free - do you have any other vcd mods that could have eliminated the errors on those?

Even the listing you shared suggest load resistors for error free operation.

Would you be willing to sell just the resistor kit? I have switched to the Golf R front bumper and have bulb out errors for the LED DRLs.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Would you be willing to sell just the resistor kit? I have switched to the Golf R front bumper and have bulb out errors for the LED DRLs.

We have a lot of updates 3 years later - brighter LED fog and smaller no need to attach to metal / plug and play resistors. They are expensive and we discount count them to $15 if you have our LED fogs but normally do not sell separately if not purchased from us.

Thank you