GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Franco516 build

torga

Autocross Champion
I'm also interested. I always see replica side skirts at attractive prices but wonder what install entails -- attachment method and if additional pieces are necessary to install them.

No way am I installing side skirts solely with self tapping screws and double sided tape.
I'm wondering if I can perhaps use some OEM install hardware in addition to modding the skirts themselves in order to adapt the hardware. Because these are the best-looking skirts for this car, in my opinion. I'd love a set and I'll do a bit of fab work if need be. The skirts I linked would be $170 with shipping - really not bad.

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
Hell no I didnt pay 600$ for those. I found a stupid crazy deal on EBAY for 180$ already painted red. The seller had two red sets of these and i bought them both just to flip the other set. They are OEM so crazy deal imo.

I used double sided tape and selftapping screws on both ends.

Best sideskirts, look amazing.

torga

Autocross Champion
those arent it. those are just regular golf R skirts. Ive never seen replicas of mine.
Nah, these aren't regular R skirts - they look very different from OEM R skirts. R skirts have a crease all the way along the skirt, then blend up to the body at front and back. The ones I linked have visible protrusions/bumps at the front and back just like yours.
They may not be exactly yours, but they aren't R skirts.

Edit: these have protrusions that blend into the skirt in the middle, whereas your protrusions go all the way down the skirt.

Last edited:

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
Nah, these aren't regular R skirts - they look very different from OEM R skirts. R skirts have a crease all the way along the skirt, then blend up to the body at front and back. The ones I linked have visible protrusions/bumps at the front and back just like yours.
They may not be exactly yours, but they aren't R skirts.

Edit: these have protrusions that blend into the skirt in the middle, whereas your protrusions go all the way down the skirt.

true true, u right.

torga

Autocross Champion
As a side note, I really gotta spend some time to learn how to use Virtual Dyno. I'd love to see where I'm at.

torga

Autocross Champion

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
Clutch is slipping in 4th gear. Saw it coming and surprised it lasted soo long. Budget is tight so im considering a BFI stage 3 since its rated for 450wtq and relatively cheaper than a southbend S3. any thoughts?

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
pulled the trigger on a new clutch/RMS. Dropping off my car next week at the shop to get the timing chain done and this new clutch. If everything goes according to plan the car should be good for another 80k miles... I WILL NOT be spending more money on this car after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

torga

Autocross Champion
Damn! Where the hell did you find a BFI Stage 3 for $820??

Can't wait to get my clutch in; I'm planning on late-spring/early-summer. I slip sometimes and I'm already hearing my TOB squealing every now and then. Pretty sure it's the stock clutch in there right now, after 122k.

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
Damn! Where the hell did you find a BFI Stage 3 for $820??

Can't wait to get my clutch in; I'm planning on late-spring/early-summer. I slip sometimes and I'm already hearing my TOB squealing every now and then. Pretty sure it's the stock clutch in there right now, after 122k.

Got the ECS hookup from the shop Im taking my car too. They are awesome.

torga

Autocross Champion
Got really excited for a sec because I mistook the 944 for a Starion.