GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Franco516 build

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
I love my Fluidampr. I can't comment on it quieting don clutch chatter, but I have stiffer engine/trans mounts and a Dogbone mount, so the car would vibrate a lot when decelerating in gear. The Fluidampr totally fixed that.
Also, when revving high, sometimes I have to look at the tach to make sure I'm not going too high because the engine is amazingly smooth at the top end now. Way more vibrations at the top end when I had the stock pulley.

I want one.. they seem over priced tho.

Also, looking through ur build thread, im stealing that shim/shifter idea :D

torga

Autocross Champion
I got a weird deal on it that I'm convinced was a price error, but no one said anything, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Picked it up new for $220 from USP.
The shim does help a bit! And for how easy it is to do, it's a no-brainer.

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
I got a weird deal on it that I'm convinced was a price error, but no one said anything, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Picked it up new for $220 from USP.
The shim does help a bit! And for how easy it is to do, it's a no-brainer.

yeah wtf, thats cheap.

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
300 miles into this new clutch (BFI Stg3) and it feels great. Even from day 1 the clutch didnt feel annoyingly heavy, got used to it after 2hrs of driving it and now its even better.
Competion clutch recommends 300 miles break in for their ceramic clutches but ill give it 400 just in case. Besides that, idle chatter and decel buzz is deff a thing.. specially with all the upgraded mounts.

Also, no CELs since the timing was done so i feel pretty confident once I hit 400miles Ill be able to rip on it again. cant wait.

Heres is an autumn pic [emoji851]

I use tapatalk and it used to allow me to post full quality pics but now it doesnt, wants me to pay for the service. Does anyone know how to upload higher quality pics?

Last edited:

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
Update: Saw a good amount of knocking on my latest logs, car was pulling timing so I swapped out the 175cc nozzle for a 375 in my TB spacer. The bigger nozzle did the trick, dont see any more knock at WOT and feel a nice power increase...like the car was requesting more fuel.. meth is pretty cool lol.

- Car made "430" WHP on the VD, if that is accurate then I have reached my goal which is pretty exciting. I will be telling Alex to leave it there, obviously clean up the file and make sure everything is perfect before we fully finish but I wont be upping the boost. Car hits/holds 26psi and it hauls ass, scary at times.

61F37F51-8407-4652-B579-C0041957C1F1.JPG
runs.JPG

torga

Autocross Champion
Dope! Sounds terrifying. Glad you're hitting your goals, my man.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Great power levels and congrats on hitting it!!!

torga

Autocross Champion