GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Franco516 build

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
Update: Porsche 986 #NQSBBK

- Brembo Porsche 986 brakes off a 2003 cayman. Vapor blasted down to original silver paint. Ebay porsche red stickers and 3 coats of Caliper high-temp clear coat.
- Brembo 312mm OEM size rotors
- Hel SS lines with direct mk6 fitment, No banjo bolt needed
- Creation motor sport adapter brackets
- Stoptech street pads (were recommend to me due to having very little noise)
- stoptech str 660 brake fluid

IMG-7172.jpg
IMG-7173.jpg
IMG-7175.jpg
IMG-7179.jpg
IMG-7194.jpg

These things stop soo good compared to the stock ones. Very nice upgrade.

Last edited:

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
On another note. While we had the car up on the lift for the brake install. We went to go install an 034 dogbone support insert and realized that the aluminum dogbone piece i already had in there was broken lol and also my trans case is cracked.. SMH..
Well shit. That's rough. Plans?

On the plus side, brakes look ?

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
Well shit. That's rough. Plans?

On the plus side, brakes look ?

I know... gonna need to get it reinforced and welded or whatever. A buddy of mine had his done and worked out pretty well so i guess well see in the upcoming months.

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
Got rid of the fukboi rotiforms and bought some OZ's off a friend.

13E2FE57-8B92-4884-8F1C-83494090A5DF.JPG

The car is all ready for summer, these PS4S are fucking sick, ive never had better tires than these.. 1 and 2nd still spin at WOT but 3 hooks and hauls ass its scary, just need to modulate those 2 first gears and not hit all of them 26 psi's lol.

IMG-7634.jpg

IMG-7633.jpg

Also tried out this schawben oil extractor for the first time. Ill never go back to doing oil changes like before.. so much easier...

IMG-7638.jpg

zef

Drag Racing Champion
New wheels look sick. i think those rotiforms are overrated and over played.
You should still do a regular oil change every 2 changes or something like that just to be safe.

There's really been no evidence to support that an extractor does a poorer job than a normal pan drain. If the oil is warm then any containments will be in suspension. Whether it comes out through vacuum or gravity doesn't matter.

Love the new wheels too. PS4S's are definitely a top notch tire. Not sure if you had an alignment done but zeroing out the toe can help with wheel spin...obviously a LSD will help too ;)

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
There's really been no evidence to support that an extractor does a poorer job than a normal pan drain. If the oil is warm then any containments will be in suspension. Whether it comes out through vacuum or gravity doesn't matter.

Love the new wheels too. PS4S's are definitely a top notch tire. Not sure if you had an alignment done but zeroing out the toe can help with wheel spin...obviously a LSD will help too ;)

Thanks and yes, just had an alignment done last weekend, they did adjust the toe but would need to look at the sheet they gave me.

An LSD is just so costly and i told myself i wouldnt spend any more moneyz. Im kinda "done" with the car.. dont want to put more money into it, specially this year. Everything on it is working as it should, runs and drives great. Only thing i want is a fluidampr and a set of winter wheels.