GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: 2010 GTI 2dr MT Gray

ride106

Ready to race!
SOLD

Up for sale is my single-owner 2010 Volkswagen GTI, plaid interior, 2 door, manual transmission. 195,300 miles. Located in Saratoga Springs, NY.

Car is in overall good condition - selling because I bought a Mk7.5 recently. I have a PDF of every service record, oil changed every 5k, etc. Car saw gentle use for most of its life on smooth highways to and from work. The front pads and rotors only needed to be replaced in September 2019 (!), similar high life on the clutch, etc. Interior looks good for the age, no odors, never smoked.

- No CELs
- Clutch replaced 11/2017 (as part of a rear main seal replacement, clutch was otherwise OK).
- Battery replaced 11/2018.
- Car has 16 inch "bioline" wheels that I've used for winters (keeping the 17 inchers for the Mk7.5), and General Altimax winter tires with approx 7/32" tread remaining. Probably only good for another season.
- AC and heat working properly.
- No glass chips or cracks.
- Removable custom trunk subwoofer enclosure
- Trailer hitch with light harness

Typical issues for the age and mileage:

- Crazing on headlight housings, Ed's reps LED taillights showing color fade on inner plastic. Center LED on left-outer taillamp appears dim.
- There are a plenty of minor dings and chips on the hood that I repaired with touch up paint. In my opinion they are only noticeable up close. I patched another area on the leading edge of the roof. I tried to show pictures of patched or repaired areas in the album.
- The headliner fabric is beginning to sag. I have installed trim pegs to hold it up in critical areas to stop the peeling and minimize the visibility of it. Looks OK and is functional.
- In the name of transparency: I switched back to the winter tires this week and now the steering wheel doesn't point dead straight on the highway. Therefore it's probably the tires near the end of their life, not an alignment issue. The tires are balanced, though, no shimmy at speed.

I have the Carfax report available, shows one incident a few years back when I scratched the right side rocker panel on a landscaping boulder - not my finest moment. Professionally repaired and no lasting issues. The clear NY title is in my name with no recorded liens.

Asking $3500. Best way to reach me is eth8@cornell.edu.

Album: https://imgur.com/a/4rAc4MU

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
Great price. How is the rust underneath?

ride106

Ready to race!
I'll try to snap some pictures in the coming days. I'm sure there is some corrosion under there - it's seen nine northeast winters - but I get to the self wash every couple weeks to hose off the road salt from the undercarriage.

ride106

Ready to race!
Price reduced here, there (Craigslist), and everywhere (cars.com). Tell your friends! Maybe a fun winter beater for someone?