GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: cts fmic.. core only $150 shipped

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
No #s just referring to you being able to run full e85 on a 305 pump and it not maxed out yet
Dual nozzle meth running 500cc nozzles each and hpfp and the head room… also with the 305 (“apr” one) Sneeky is able to keep the pump duty at 100% without the need of an extra controller.

Also even running full e85 from the pump there’s only one station I’ve seen in town actually pump out anything above E70.

So that’s the highest my sensor ever actually read when filling with full E. *staying with lower boost on stock map sensors also is a big part that it didn’t run out of fuel up top as well.

Love_the_juice

Passed Driver's Ed
Dual nozzle meth running 500cc nozzles each and hpfp and the head room… also with the 305 (“apr” one) Sneeky is able to keep the pump duty at 100% without the need of an extra controller.

Also even running full e85 from the pump there’s only one station I’ve seen in town actually pump out anything above E70.

So that’s the highest my sensor ever actually read when filling with full E. *staying with lower boost on stock map sensors also is a big part that it didn’t run out of fuel up top as well.
What station? I fill up on fort apache and flamingo it's usually E65-E70 but that all I need

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
What station? I fill up on fort apache and flamingo it's usually E65-E70 but that all I need
https://www.google.com/maps/place/R...2!3m1!1s0x80c8c5b5bc33954d:0x8583eb33dc237722

They have tags on the pumps also listed as minimum rating of e75.

It’s just out of the way and a slight nuisance cause the strip… I typically get it from flamingo and Vally view as it’s by my office.

I didn’t know there was an e85 pump on fortapache so that’s good to
Know!

Love_the_juice

Passed Driver's Ed

MKSeven

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti, duh.
I’m in Vegas also… running at is38 hybrid (hits 28psi by 3800) with a fmic, (meth injection also) so I don’t deal with any iat issue, but my friend (sold the R) was running a vortex xl with a smaller forge factory location intercooler and added the eBay twin cooler to that and got great results. I don’t recall him saying it added any lag but hit him up on IG for some direct before n after insight
https://instagram.com/12v_bunny?utm_medium=copy_link
What are your IATs? I plan on doing the same, except MPI + E85. Do you think I'll have to ugprade with the hybrid, or do you think I'll be good?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
What are your IATs? I plan on doing the same, except MPI + E85. Do you think I'll have to ugprade with the hybrid, or do you think I'll be good?
Out of boost they are 15-20 over, during pulls they go below ambient by about 8 degrees and near the top of the pull they are 5-6 over ambient (my hybrid generates quite a bit of heat)

Meth is the key to those results though.

MKSeven

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti, duh.
Out of boost they are 15-20 over, during pulls they go below ambient by about 8 degrees and near the top of the pull they are 5-6 over ambient (my hybrid generates quite a bit of heat)

Meth is the key to those results though.
Ah I see then. Am not looking for anything too crazy low. But I do want cooler, so I was hoping e85 would help a bit along with the MPI.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Ah I see then. Am not looking for anything too crazy low. But I do want cooler, so I was hoping e85 would help a bit along with the MPI.
The E85 won’t do anything for IATs. What the fueling will do though is have a higher temperature threshold for reducing knock, so even if you have moderately higher IATs you still won’t get the power robbing timing pull in hotter temps. So you should be good regardless

GTI_Owner

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Evaporative cooling of ethanol is a significant contributor to the increased knock resistance that E85 provides. Since the cooling takes place in the cylinder the IAT sensor won't register the change, but intake air temperature is cooled greatly when using ethanol. The SAE Journal has a number of good papers on the use of ethanol fuels.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
5255CB3B-0D4B-4B67-8DC3-35004687009A.png

MKSeven

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti, duh.
The E85 won’t do anything for IATs. What the fueling will do though is have a higher temperature threshold for reducing knock, so even if you have moderately higher IATs you still won’t get the power robbing timing pull in hotter temps. So you should be good regardless
Evaporative cooling of ethanol is a significant contributor to the increased knock resistance that E85 provides. Since the cooling takes place in the cylinder the IAT sensor won't register the change, but intake air temperature is cooled greatly when using ethanol. The SAE Journal has a number of good papers on the use of ethanol fuels.
Ahh okay, thanks guys. (y) Helpful indeed!