GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: Ed's Golf 6 Replica OEM HID Headlights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the answer, could you please tell me which of the coding I use because am so confused. My car is a Golf 6 1.4 Tsi 2009 model.

It's in the first few posts I believe.
Revolver66 said:
For the GTI:

for front fog as drl along with LED----

BYTE 18 - is 20

BYTE 14 - is 0B (check bit 1, bit 3)

BYTE 15 - is C4 (check bit 6, bit 7)

BYTE 24 - is E4 (check bit 7)

BYTE 27 - is 24 (check bit 2)

this is the following

LED DRL and FOG light DRL at the same time

to have JUST LED DRL:

same as above with this one exception:

BYTE 14 - is 09 (check bit 3

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Is it normal to get the drl bulb out indicator? I have led option

Yes. Because there is no drl bulbs in the lights and the car is not seeing any resistance or connection on its drl circuit as a result.
The LEDs are wired in the parking/city light circuit.
You can switch your drls off. You will have nothing on with the switch off like it is now - just the error will go.
If you want the LEDs as drls (with switch off) you need to code them accordingly using vcds.
They will go off when you switch on the low beams though.
Adding a jumper wire between pins 4 and 10 in the cars headlight harness plug will then keep the LEDs on with the low beams and also with the switch off (they'll be on all the time).

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Is it normal to get the drl bulb out indicator? I have led option

Follow instructions in my post right above yours and then

Only issue now is the orange side markers are always on. Any way around this?

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Any way around this?

No.
Other than removing the bulbs.

That coding is not necessarily correct. Byte 18 will depend on the rear lights configuration too.
On some cars checking bit 3 shutters causes issues with Hugh beams so that generally from what I see it should be left unchecked

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
I just left the adapters in my LED tails, since they're stuck in with double sided tape.

spiker369

on air, don't care
For the people who had issues with the lights but still have a functioning HID kit, have you tried to install it in your halogens? Aside from that being the incorrect thing to do, does Ed's HID kit fit or work in them?

mikeleemk6

Go Kart Champion

Had this happen after a bad storm here in Florida. The other side is peeling and fading and the rear led outer tail is getting condenstion in the reverse area. Waiting to hear back from Ed. He has had great customer service in the past so I am sure he will remedy this.

Last edited:

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
For the people who had issues with the lights but still have a functioning HID kit, have you tried to install it in your halogens? Aside from that being the incorrect thing to do, does Ed's HID kit fit or work in them?

That is a bad idea for several reasons.

MKVI_Roa

Ready to race!
So I'm guessing the more complicated fix to prevent lens fading and condensation would be to bake off the OEM, and apply that and extra sealant to the new ones... throws me off [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.