GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS feeler: nicely modded no excuses GTI

brandonl

Not entirely sure I want to sell, in no rush what so ever. This is my rarely used third car that sits in my garage. I'll take it out for the occasional back road romp on a nice day, but, with other cars, a demanding job and two little ones at home the GTI just sits waiting to have fun. On to the car itself, I'm sure I'm forgetting some smaller items:

2011 two door in black. DSG. Cloth seats, sunroof. 87k-ish miles.
HPA K04 kit with blanket
Cobb AP with Stratified files
3" catted turboback
VWR intake
IE front mount IC
Aluminum IC piping
Catch can
R8 coils
Iridium plugs

Wavetrac LSD
Larger DSG cooler
Finned aluminum DSG filter housing
034 aluminum insert

KW V3's
IE camber plates
Hotchkis rear bar
Front and rear adjustable end links
Porsche/Brembo front brake swap
Stud/nut conversion

Falken Azenis 200tw sticky tires on Motegi Trak Lites, like new.
Also comes with all season Conti like new on stock Detroits.

Random stock/spare parts included.

I called this no excuses because it's exactly that. No stories, no BS. No lights on the dash, no intermittent CEL, etc. Tune is ultra refined from Alex at Stratified and runs beautifully. Quality parts installed by trained hands only (Drive Auto Works and Offcamber Autosport). Have oil analysis reports also showing the engine health. Needs nothing but to be enjoyed on a fun twisty road.

So, what's she worth? $12k seems fair to me..

Thanks,
Brandon

PS, car is located in Northwestern NJ. Clear and clean title in hand.

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Youre always better off selling the parts separately and selling a stock/ish car afterward. As it sits you might be able to squeeze another 1-2000 out of what its worth stock to the right buyer - most buyers, even though they know its a STEAL, will tell you the car isn't worth more because of the work and parts on it. Thats the unfortunate nature of humanity.

You can make 5-10g off the parts then 10+ for the car

brandonl

Youre always better off selling the parts separately and selling a stock/ish car afterward. As it sits you might be able to squeeze another 1-2000 out of what its worth stock to the right buyer - most buyers, even though they know its a STEAL, will tell you the car isn't worth more because of the work and parts on it. Thats the unfortunate nature of humanity.

You can make 5-10g off the parts then 10+ for the car

I know the smarter play is a part out, but, I'd sacrifice the net return for the time and effort associated with that. $10kish for the car, $2kish for what is done, per humanity. $12k is a fair number as is. Is that sensible?

Signed,
-Guy who has sold more penny on dollar builds than he cares to count :(

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Didn't work for me when I had a cobalt. I had 20k or more in the thing, wanted to sell it for 10k. No one was interested saying the car was worth X due to KBB no matter what. Sound up selling the parts for 10-15 no joke then the car for like 4 which was a low-ball ass deal.

zrickety

The Fixer
Nice car. But halogens, cloth seats and motegi rims are not premium. You might get 8k, just a guess. GLWS

brandonl

This isn't "set up" for the buyer looking for leather. The wheel choice was based on weight, desired fit and not aesthetics or brand name. It's not the car everyone will pay 10k+ for, but it is the car someone will pay 10k+ for. I'm only so confident in this because I've already been offered somewhere between 8500 and 9750 a dozen times or more. It's not worth selling for that or less.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
nice.. .glws. I hope you get close to your asking price man.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
This isn't "set up" for the buyer looking for leather. The wheel choice was based on weight, desired fit and not aesthetics or brand name. It's not the car everyone will pay 10k+ for, but it is the car someone will pay 10k+ for. I'm only so confident in this because I've already been offered somewhere between 8500 and 9750 a dozen times or more. It's not worth selling for that or less.

Keyword: someone, not everyone

And if you really have been offered "between 8500 and 9750 a dozen times or more"....why didn't you take it? :iono:

GolNat

Autocross Champion
He said he was not in a hurry to sell so why take less then what you want?

I would pay 10k+ for it it was a manual. Exactly how I would have wanted it modded.

GLWS. It's a beautiful GTI.

clownish

just clowning around
Agreed this has very high quality mods and should go for a reasonable price to the right buyer. I think OP is totally reasonable. The LSD and suspension alone is worth more to me personally eg. than any whooped manual car with some budget air set up and anchor-like show wheels.

GLWS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brandonl

Keyword: someone, not everyone

And if you really have been offered "between 8500 and 9750 a dozen times or more"....why didn't you take it? :iono:

Exactly why I used the word my friend.

I have no reason to lie about being offered less than I want, and I anticipated that. The reason I didn't take was exactly that, it was less that what I deemed worth selling for. To me that is, be that someone kinda guy...