GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: New Aquamist HSF4 Water/Meth System

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Thai is exactly what I don’t need while at the same time being exactly what I need!!!

PM sent

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Thai is exactly what I don’t need while at the same time being exactly what I need!!!

PM sent
I guess we’re both gonna be running WMI now. Neat lol

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I guess we’re both gonna be running WMI now. Neat lol

Yessir!!

Well I need to switch tuners cause AFAIK Unitronic doesn't tune for WMI for the TSI. So I'll need to get an AP and decide between Sneaky or Strat.

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Yessir!!

Well I need to switch tuners cause AFAIK Unitronic doesn't tune for WMI for the TSI. So I'll need to get an AP and decide between Sneaky or Strat.
You can run it with 100% water to just cool IATs for simplicity. Or go full tune for 50/50 but then you gotta remember if you’re tuned for it and run out... :(

GolNat

Autocross Champion
You can run it with 100% water to just cool IATs for simplicity. Or go full tune for 50/50 but then you gotta remember if you’re tuned for it and run out... :(

Won't the system warn me and shut her down?

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Won't the system warn me and shut her down?
Not necessarily, mine doesn’t. But when I spoke with both SneekyTuned and Stratified about it, they said if you’re tuning for the meth portion and you run out, it’s never bueno. Not as bad tuning for just water, but definitely ask your tuner on your specific setup.
You'll be fine lol
Also probably this. Can always add Heet in a pinch or something

GolNat

Autocross Champion
This kit has an option to hook up a level switch it looks like. Not sure if I want to use the wiper bottle or a separate one in the trunk. I don’t really need the trunk space anymore.

270E0820-DBE8-46A1-81C9-26D1D7A3BEE5.png

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
I have an HSF4 kit that I need to install still. There are a few tricks that don't come across in this diagram and the pinout. In particular, read post three in this thread.

There are a few other good resources I've found to answer questions, but I plan to install mine in the next 2 months or so. Keep me posted on your build.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
This kit has an option to hook up a level switch it looks like. Not sure if I want to use the wiper bottle or a separate one in the trunk. I don’t really need the trunk space anymore.

View attachment 194719
Also, I would use the trunk space. Aquamist feels strongly that it's pump shouldn't be situated under the hood and won't warranty it if you do. The windshield reservoir is also too small. Do you plan to go with direct injection or just a nozzle pre-throttle body? This kit is particularly strong for DI, so I would urge you to look into it. Good luck!

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Also, I would use the trunk space. Aquamist feels strongly that it's pump shouldn't be situated under the hood and won't warranty it if you do. The windshield reservoir is also too small. Do you plan to go with direct injection or just a nozzle pre-throttle body? This kit is particularly strong for DI, so I would urge you to look into it. Good luck!

Thanks for the link (y)

I have not figured out the specifics. I researched WMI like a year ago came to the conclusion that I'd prefer an Aquamist kit and then forgot the rest.

By DI setup do you mean a nozzle for each cylinder in the intake manifold? I saw someone who modified an OEM one which looked interesting rather then buying an expensive aftermarket one.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks for the link (y)

I have not figured out the specifics. I researched WMI like a year ago came to the conclusion that I'd prefer an Aquamist kit and then forgot the rest.

By DI setup do you mean a nozzle for each cylinder in the intake manifold? I saw someone who modified an OEM one which looked interesting rather then buying an expensive aftermarket one.
Yes, I mean a nozzle into each intake runner. You can (and IMO should) modify the OEM manifold. The aftermarket manifolds seem to cause everyone a lot of problems and aren't necessary unless you're running a big turbo.

The Aquamist kit is a bit of PITA to install. It requires you to splice into the ECU wire harness for the install. Make sure you do a lot of research before starting the install!

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Yes, I mean a nozzle into each intake runner. You can (and IMO should) modify the OEM manifold. The aftermarket manifolds seem to cause everyone a lot of problems and aren't necessary unless you're running a big turbo.

The Aquamist kit is a bit of PITA to install. It requires you to splice into the ECU wire harness for the install. Make sure you do a lot of research before starting the install!

I think I remember reading that that was the best way to do it, thanks.

Yeah I was skimming the manual for it and was a little overwhelmed :oops:. I was probably going to do like I did with my clutch install and take some days off. I'll be on the look out for how yours goes.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
I think I remember reading that that was the best way to do it, thanks.

Yeah I was skimming the manual for it and was a little overwhelmed :oops:. I was probably going to do like I did with my clutch install and take some days off. I'll be on the look out for how yours goes.
One more link here for you.