GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fuelling issue?

icy604

Passed Driver's Ed
I must again call upon the mystical knowledge of the forums...

Important info: live in Vancouver, Canada (Canadian Gas)
115k kms on odometer
Fuel filter changed at 100k kms
NGK BKR7EIX plugs at 100k kms
New Injectors and carbon cleaning at 110k kms
Always ran on Chevron 94 octane
APR Downpipe, APR Pex Intake, and APR's 91 octane tune.
Oil change done every 7k kms Since ownership (bought at 77k)

My story begins around 2 weeks ago, I ran my car down to about 1/4 tank of fuel, slightly lower than I usually do, with no abnormalities. This time I noticed it began hesitating when I went to accelerate normally. I solved this issue by filling my car up on Chevron 94 as I always have (recommended by tuner, also to run the 91 file on this fuel). Out of curiosity I scanned my car and discovered a stored p0087 code. Fillimg up the fuel temporarily fixed my issue until earlier this week, when my car was around 1/3 of a tank of fuel, so I thought to myself 'let's fill it up so the same thing doesn't happen again'...

I left the gas station and within 1 kilometer of leaving the gas station my car began losing power, sputtering, and eventually stalling out completely.

I pulled onto a wide side road and parked my car. I then used my scan tool to see if there were any fault codes, and found none whatsoever. But I did find that the 'central electrics' control unit in my 'obdeleven' was completely inaccessible. Im not sure if this has anything to do with the suspected issue.

As always, any help or knowledge is greatly appreciated. And if there's any clarification needed please let me know :)

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
If it is happening mostly when you are low on fuel it is probably a failing HPFP.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Constantly running the car down to E and running with low fuel alot can cause pre mature failure of the HPFP as per VW.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Does running software cause exponentially faster wear on components like the hpfp?
I don't think you know what exponentially means... But no, the pump is known to fail from constant low fuel running. The pump is NOT known to fail due to software tuning.

icy604

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't think you know what exponentially means... But no, the pump is known to fail from constant low fuel running. The pump is NOT known to fail due to software tuning.
My bad, exponential wasn't the right word. But I think you know what I meant. Thank you for your help :)