GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fuse box access?

drval85

Go Kart Newbie
Going to be adding a few lines to the back of my fuse box soon. Anyone done this before? Wondering how awkward the access will be. Is there enough play in the wires to pull it away and access the back of the panel from outside the car, or am I going to be hunched over working under the dash the whole time?

Attachments

• 350727FE-9A78-4461-AFD8-6744E18AAED1.jpeg
    350727FE-9A78-4461-AFD8-6744E18AAED1.jpeg
    603.1 KB · Views: 53

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion
adding a few lines of what?

drval85

Go Kart Newbie
Power lines. One is for my rear view camera, which currently has an add-a-fuse. Other is for the exhaust valve, which was wired straight to battery. Finally got a Double Apex button, so I’ll be adding it to the control buttons in front of the shifter.

Considering adding a dash cam setup as well.

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion
just solder and splice... unless you are wanting a separate fused circuit in the factory box, there are tons of easier places to pull power, and you can solder/splice for free and if done right, it will outlast any other type of connection.

drval85

Go Kart Newbie
I have my devices just powered with add a circuit fuse taps on the interior box and t-taps

https://www.amazon.com/10-Pack-Add-...DV9ASKXN3AX&psc=1&refRID=FP1M2TNYCDV9ASKXN3AX

That’s what I have in place now. Also have my p3 gauge and analog boost adapter in there m, so I’d like to clean it up.

just solder and splice... unless you are wanting a separate fused circuit in the factory box, there are tons of easier places to pull power, and you can solder/splice for free and if done right, it will outlast any other type of connection.
Yep, I’m going for a separate fused circuit in the box. As close to OEM as possible. Everything’s already been wired in and fully functional, just want to spend the extra time to do it cleanly.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion
I did! Looks like it swings out 90 degrees, so should be enough to access everything from the door side, not the dash side. Just hoping someone can confirm.
doesnt swing out, it pulls out once you undo the mounting bolts.

drval85

Go Kart Newbie
There’s an option to sign up for updates. I got an email saying that would be available at noon EST the next day. They were in stock for a couple days, now sold out again.

Had my valved exhaust installed in February, I think. They’ve been out of stock from then until last week. So be prepared for a bit of a wait.

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
There’s an option to sign up for updates. I got an email saying that would be available at noon EST the next day. They were in stock for a couple days, now sold out again.

Had my valved exhaust installed in February, I think. They’ve been out of stock from then until last week. So be prepared for a bit of a wait.
Thanks! Which valved exhaust system do you have?