GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gas Mileage

joevw22

Ready to race!
So I’ve owned my 2013 GTI for around 5 months and before I went stage 2 I was getting decent gas mileage. I went stage 2 and expected a gas mileage drop but for the past few months it’s been stage 2 I’ve just been at shock how much of a hit I’ve actually took. I can almost see my gas getting sucked away at idle and I get 15mpg in the city. Is that normal for y’all that are stage 2?

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
Im usually around 22-23 mpg. I drive probably 60% city and 40% highway. I dont drive the car hard, rarely gets past 4500rpm but I dont drive economically by any means. I like feeling that turbo and hearing the intake.

15mpg sounds low unless youre driving like you stole it all day. How many miles are on the car? Can you scan it for codes?

joevw22

Ready to race!
Im usually around 22-23 mpg. I drive probably 60% city and 40% highway. I dont drive the car hard, rarely gets past 4500rpm but I dont drive economically by any means. I like feeling that turbo and hearing the intake.

15mpg sounds low unless youre driving like you stole it all day. How many miles are on the car? Can you scan it for codes?

57000 miles, clean title no accidents or anything. I scanned it a couple weeks ago and there’s nothing besides some simple codes thrown from my 3” dp

Vic_MKVI

Go Kart Newbie
Sparks changed when you did the tune?

GolNat

Autocross Champion
What/who’s tune are you running?

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I averaged in the mid 20’s. I’m wondering if your running a bit rich. You can get crap mileage if you drive jt hard but going easy you should get 20’s around town.

How many miles do you get a tank?

The MFI could be off too

joevw22

Ready to race!
I averaged in the mid 20’s. I’m wondering if your running a bit rich. You can get crap mileage if you drive jt hard but going easy you should get 20’s around town.

How many miles do you get a tank?

The MFI could be off too

I’m might end up getting a dyno tune from some guys at a local shop near me in Atlanta soon anyway. I’ll talk to then abt it and see what they say :)

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
15 mpg is abysmal. Something is wrong with your car.

I get 35 highway and 25 if I'm beating on it in the city.

I have never seen sub 23 mpg on the car ever.

Attachments

• 20201125_100624.jpg
    20201125_100624.jpg
    711 KB · Views: 56

Thumper

Autocross Champion
I have a Stg3 R (so I've got all wheels turning lol) and I don't get 15mpg in town. Back when I had the GTI and went Stg2 I don't think I saw any real change to MPG and I drove spirited all the time. I didn't live my life at the stoplights, but I wasn't on eco runs either.

I agree with above, check the accuracy of the computer fill the tank, then go drive about 30 miles, hit a gas station and top it off, see how much it takes and do the math. Although I would assume at 15mpg you would notice you have to hit the gas station a lot more often so probably not that simple.

What "simple" codes are being thrown from the DP? The O2 sensors control fuel mixture, if one is damaged or if you used spacers and it's reading lean it will dump more fuel in depending on the tune and how it is setup.

torga

Autocross Champion
I do the math for every fillup and log everything. On average, I'll get anywhere between 24-28 mpg. I trend lower in the winter and higher in the summer.