GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

General Car, Inferior or Superior Interior, & Eternal Mullet Barge Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
I'm not a car enthusiast, I have no idea what those 2 cars are besides some BMW and some 911 :lol:

911's seem kind of neat but I don't understand the obsession and huge prices :iono:

:lol:

E60 M5 and I couldn't tell you the real reason they're so expensive, but they are Porsche's lol.

rich337

Ready to race!
I've always wanted a 911 even though they're expensive and inherently "flawed." there's just something about the way they drive (especially air cooled ones), sound, and feel. i also like how they're iconic with a long, storied heritage.

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
That too. Not everyone is a car enthusiast. And of that pool, not every enthusiast is willing to work on their vehicle completely.

I've see. e46 M3's go for 200k, hassle free miles. I've also seen 350Z's go for 285k miles. It's all about perspective, I guess. Take care of a car and it will take care of you (most of the time, lol)

Perspective --Very very true.

Winoman

Ready to race!
Being in Germany, how fast on the autobahn do people really go. .

Not all stretches of the Autobahn are speed limit free - and some have varying speed limits depending on weather & such and it seems that the Germans in general have been imposing more speed limits in areas where they once didn't exist...all that being said I've been passed when I've been doing about 130-150...where the cars passing were probably doing 20-30 miles over that...(more Audis than anything else...Porsches as well)...

DasAuto1295

Go Kart Champion
Not all stretches of the Autobahn are speed limit free - and some have varying speed limits depending on weather & such and it seems that the Germans in general have been imposing more speed limits in areas where they once didn't exist...all that being said I've been passed when I've been doing about 130-150...where the cars passing were probably doing 20-30 miles over that...(more Audis than anything else...Porsches as well)...

+1, I have been there and essentially drove across the whole country on it. Everything above is true except I never saw one Porsche. Mostly Benz and BMW drivers passing me at about 150+ mph in some decently hard rain.

DasAuto1295

Go Kart Champion
The damn autobahn is so clean and smooth though. If they shut it down for an hour I swear to god you could sit there and have a meal right off the highway.

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
Most of the new speed restrictions are temporary. That means its governed by the electronic speed limit signs. They reduce speeds during peak/rush times or weather and open it up as conditions warrant on the Autobahn.

None of my fave high speed sections have been affected at all.
As far as who is fast etc, that varies and is unpredictable. What is entertaining is Grandma in her tuned 3+liter TDI A6 Avant blowing you off the road LOL!

The best display of major speed Ive seen lately was a blue current model GT-R absolutely laying it down on a nice day, light traffic near my exit(I join the Autobahn in a speed open zone :), and a poor Cayman trying so hard to keep him in sight. The GT-R was magnificent and moving so fast. 300+kmph was my guess. Lucky lucky person enjoying life GT-R style that day.
45% of the Autobahn is unlimited currently.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
They have a MkV R32 at the local dub diller, I think I may go check it out.

thoughts? I drove one back to back against my GTI when I had it - the GTI "won" handily... felt so much lighter, had the nice turbo push to it, etc. The R sounded nice and had great brakes, but felt heavier, got terrible mpg, and I recall the DSG being somewhat clunky compared to newer versions.

I think they look great and sound great, but I'd go for a mkiv over the mkv any day for tracking, etc.

sex.

:lol:

E60 M5 and I couldn't tell you the real reason they're so expensive, but they are Porsche's lol.

The E60 M5 can be found pretty cheap around here, honestly. Depends on mileage of course, but many going for high 20's to 30's.

Troy, from your choices, I'd find a nice IS300 and go with that . Toyota, son.

Merkle

Banned
Was killing some time cursing the used lot at the local BMW/Audi dillership, got to check out a '07 Aston V8 Vantage, 6-MT they had on the lot.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
dang. can you find a fully unicorned wagon version then :iono:

Status
Not open for further replies.