GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf mk6 5 door. Driver side rear window glass came off regulator.

Megadeath

Hi,

My 1st post. My 2009 Golf mk6 (5 door) rear window glass came off regulator. I've managed to pull up and secure with tap.
I'm stuck now. Took off door card and there is another panel behide it held with these 10 plastic rivets (yellow arrows in photo).

Do I need to pull them off like clips or dill these in?
Do I need to drill that rivet (Red arrow in photo)?
Can i fix that window glass through that hole (the yellow arrow in photo)?

Do I need to get the whole glass out to put back regulator clip?

Would appreciate your help.

Attachments

• Window arrow.jpg
    Window arrow.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 689

Megadeath

Hi,

My 1st post. My 2009 Golf mk6 (5 door) rear window glass came off regulator. I've managed to pull up and secure with tap.
I'm stuck now. Took off door card and there is another panel behide it held with these 10 plastic rivets (yellow arrows in photo).

Do I need to pull them off like clips or dill these in?
Do I need to drill that rivet (Red arrow in photo)?
Can i fix that window glass through that hole (the yellow arrow in photo)?

Do I need to get the whole glass out to put back regulator clip?

Would appreciate your help.
Anybody there.....:unsure::unsure:

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
You may be able to get the window back on it's mount without removing the inner panel. You'll need to secure the window in the up position, then use the window switch to lower the regulator so that the screw lines up with the access hole that you've already exposed. I don't remember what size bit you need, but be aware that it's reverse threaded. Loosen it (by turning to the right) then lower the window down into the mount. You should be able to feel the window seat into the mount, then tighten the screw (by turning it to the left).

This is assuming that the mount itself isn't damaged, which may be the case if the window came off in the first place. While the glass is secured, raise and lower the regulator and use the access holes to inspect the mount. If it looks good, then follow the instructions above. If it looks damaged, then you'll need to remove the inner panel to repair, or replace it.