GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf mk6 gtd 5 door leak in rear footwell

Zack gifford

Hi all pretty new to the forum not posted anything on here yet but looking for a little bit of help I have a 2012 golf gtd mk6 5k chassis, I seem to have a wet rear drivers side foot well only seems wet when it rains and it’s a 5 door and has no sunroof so was wondering if anyone on here can’t point me in the right direction I’ve hose piped water on the door and underneath to see if anything comes through and nothing after pulling the carpet up to check also noticed that there is a under-tray on the drivers side that is missing so wondering if that would matter

speeding_ant

Go Kart Newbie
I had a similar issue and it was rear door card leaking. The inner plastic had somehow warped, and it was unfortunately an expensive part to get and install due to being riveted in and carrying the regulator / lock mechs.

Zack gifford

I had a similar issue and it was rear door card leaking. The inner plastic had somehow warped, and it was unfortunately an expensive part to get and install due to being riveted in and carrying the regulator / lock mechs.
Thanks for your help and where should I squirt the water?

speeding_ant

Go Kart Newbie
Try around the window and the seals. There's no water proof seal between the outer door skin and the window panes so that's where I'd start. If the internal seal fails then it'll get in. You'll probably want to pull the internal siding and carpet up first.

Zack gifford

Thanks mate really helpful post over the moon, by the way I found it was that exact thing you said was happening and have it booked in to be done thanks again

Zimmerman

Try around the window and the seals. There's no water proof seal between the outer door skin and the window panes so that's where I'd start. If the internal seal fails then it'll get in. You'll probably want to pull the internal siding and carpet up first.https://www.skysmotor.co.uk/