GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf mk6 GTD STAGE 2

GTD170

Hi I've got a 2011 Golf GTD and was wondering what power i can expect once my parts are fitted and remapped to stage 2 ?

I'm seeing a mix online of 205 bhp to 240bhp but 240bhp seems a little excessive ?

S3 intercooler + hardpipe kit
performance coolant radiator
racing line tri-foam cold air intake
3 inch downpipe DPF-CAT delete
egr + egr cooler delete

Also any suggestions of any other performance mods i could add would be much appreciated.

Thanks

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Usually you don't see 70hp gain without a fuel pump upgrade on that motor, not sure about injectors.

Almost never see any diesel posts on this forum. Your next step up after stage 2 would be new turbo. In terms of enhancing your stage 2 about the only lthing you might consider adding would be a water/meth system. I have limited experience with diesel mods but I used Malone for my Audi 3.0TDI and went stage 2 and got huge increases and have enjoyed it problem free for the last 3+ years.

Keep in mind the real figure you are interested in is torque in terms of daily driving. Peak HP is only achieved at peak rpms and usually you are winding out your diesel everytime you leave a stoplight, instead it is the torque that puts you back in the seat as you leave the light.

GTD170

Usually you don't see 70hp gain without a fuel pump upgrade on that motor, not sure about injectors.

Almost never see any diesel posts on this forum. Your next step up after stage 2 would be new turbo. In terms of enhancing your stage 2 about the only lthing you might consider adding would be a water/meth system. I have limited experience with diesel mods but I used Malone for my Audi 3.0TDI and went stage 2 and got huge increases and have enjoyed it problem free for the last 3+ years.

Keep in mind the real figure you are interested in is torque in terms of daily driving. Peak HP is only achieved at peak rpms and usually you are winding out your diesel everytime you leave a stoplight, instead it is the torque that puts you back in the seat as you leave the light.
This is my first tune so i don't want to go too crazy yet but maybe in the near future. This 170 is already fast IMO so this stage 2 will definitely suffice for now. Good shout on the fuel pump, i'll look into making that my first future mod......i do remember cp3 pumps mentioned and raved about quite a bit.

I was sent the wrong hardpipe kit, so today i've just made do with stock piping but all the rest is good to go. I'll post back my results next week. Thanks for your input man, you learn something new everyday 👍 Torque :cool:

I used this as what i might expect to achieve when i get my remap next week. Lets hope i push out these figures.
https://www.celtictuning.co.uk/serv...-2012-ECU-remap-chiptuning/stage-1#t3-content
I rang this place and this car was apparantly stock no mods :unsure:

Got to say i love them golf R's though, maybe one day i'll look for the golf R mk6.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Good luck on the TDI mods, post your review, they have a lot of potential.

GTD170

Good luck on the TDI mods, post your review, they have a lot of potential.
So finally the GTD got remapped and she's hella quick :cool: The tuner focused more on torque and i'm impressed. and that turbo spool/whistle & intake whoosh is :love:

Stock............................ 168 Bhp - 258 ft/lb 349 nm Torque
stage 2........................ 214 Bhp - 365 ft/lb 496 nm Torque

The tuner said he lost a bit of top end as my thermostat was stuck open, so i'll be taking a trip back soon once replaced.
Also to remove that hardcut/popcorn limiter i asked for :confused: what a silly thing to get. I don't like it at all. Tops out at 5000 and a few hard pulls in 2nd - 3rd sometimes i notice the cut off :rolleyes: Rubbish.

Bring on the GTB 2260vk & CP3 fuel pump 🤟