GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf MK6 GTI right mirror functions stopped working and window particularly

JayDz

Hello Everyone,
About three months ago I purchased my first Golf MK6 GTI 2010 (lhd).
1 month ago I noticed my right mirror does not fold with the button and the left one does.
Later my right mirror turn signal and the light under the mirror stopped working (they worked before).
Also I noticed if I have all windows down and I hold the lock button for 3 seconds all windows go up except the front passenger window.
If I manually push the window button the window goes up or down and the central locking also works on the door.

I have pulled the door panel off and the mirror but could not see any disconnected wires or any corrosion.
Replugged the cables in the door module but nothing changed.
What could be wrong? Any help is appreciated!

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Scan for codes. Seriously, it could be a body control module issue.

I am assuming when you say you manually press the button you mean the window switch and door lock switch on the passenger door work, just not from the switches on the driver door.

Pull the door panel on the driver side and check all connections there as well.

JayDz

Scan for codes. Seriously, it could be a body control module issue.

I am assuming when you say you manually press the button you mean the window switch and door lock switch on the passenger door work, just not from the switches on the driver door.

Pull the door panel on the driver side and check all connections there as well.
All the buttons work, on the driver and passenger side.
Its that the turn signal and the light under the mirror and mirror folding stopped working (passenger side).

Should I still check connections at the drivers side?
The things that don't work are on the passenger side and I checked the connections on that side.
I should get my vcds cable in a few days so will scan the codes then.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Should I still check connections at the drivers side?
The things that don't work are on the passenger side and I checked the connections on that side.
I should get my vcds cable in a few days so will scan the codes then.

Well the switch for the mirror is on the driver's side......so.........LOL

However, with the light on the mirror not working in addition to the adjustment and the folding it could be something else other than connection at the switch, but I would still check it yes. The folding command and the adjustment is done from the DRIVER'S door switch so if it's unplugged or corroded there it could certainly cause those issues. It's possible the power to the whole mirror is routed through the driver's control module.

I used to have a '15 BMW 328d Touring, when we bought it had the dealer do the tints, ,when we got it back started having door lock issues with every door and interior lights (they would randomly turn on, and doors would randomly lock and unlock). Dealer found out tint guy had damaged the driver's side door lock module, but that one module in the driver's door controlled all those functions.

VCDS should definitely help track it down though