GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R VI 2dr Manual - First Mods Please Halp

Phur

Autocross Champion
No. You have more stuff in the way for the downpipe.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Is this a decent deal from APR - Turbo refresh with the ECU module?
https://www.goapr.com/products/engine_hardware/turbo/oem/parts/T2100012

Or is the turbo you've mentioned a little better/larger?

Thank you!

That's a K04 from APR, it is not able to deliver the power you are looking for so if you then wanted to go Stg3 /3+ you would have to buy another turbo. So either wait and just buy a Stg3 or plan on selling the K04 later when you are ready to go Stg3 but this is more costly obviously especially if you pay to have a shop install as you will then be paying two install amounts.

the one I linked is a custom build option that should support 600HP LMAO You would need a LOT of supporting upgrades (built engine, driveshafts, likely trans as well) to go that route.

avgj0e

Passed Driver's Ed
Alright everybody I just emptied my wallet!
Here is the build list:
Clutch Kit: ACT VW7-HDSS Performance Street Clutch
Turbo & Tune: 034 MotorSports R420 Turbo Upgrade Kit - Stage 2/3+
Intercooler Kit: IE 2.0T FDS Front Mount Intercooler Kit | FSi | TSi | TFSI FMIC
Fuel Pump: FSI Fuel Pump Upgrade Kit by IE | 2.0T FSi
Sway Bar: SuperPro Sway Bar Combo - Mk5 R32 | Mk6 Golf R - 24mm Front, 26mm Rear
Cold Air Intake: Racingline Cold Air Intake System | Mk6 Golf R 2.0T
Exhaust: 42 Draft 3" Turbo Back Exhaust System | Mk6 Golf R - 304 Steel with V Bands, Resonated, 4" Matte Black Tips
Brakes - Front & Rear: Stoptech Power Slot Rotors & Stoptech Performance Brake Pads
Ignition Coils: Bosch Ignition Coil Pack - New Version(Gold & Black)
Spark Plugs: Brisk Silver Racing DR14YS
Crankshaft Seal: OEM with Sealing Flange Rear Main
Wheels & Tires: 18X8.5 BBS CH-R BLK & 225/40R-18 BRIDGESTONE POTENZA RE980AS XL
Suspension: Bilstein PSS10 Coilover Kit

I have a good friend who is a VW enthusiast who is going to be helping me install and also helped me source some of the parts.
LMK what y'all think! Im super excited to get behind the wheel, and I'll be sending a photo of her ASAP!

Thank you again to everyone who has pitched in!

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Holy cow man, you just bought all that? LOL

(y)

Happy new year to you.

torga

Autocross Champion
Shit, most people on here spend years collecting parts like that, waiting for good used deals, etc. (myself included), and you just bought it all new in a single day? You're a mad man. This sounds like a lot of fun.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Screenshot_20201201-153914~3.png

Like these pipes?

avgj0e

Passed Driver's Ed
Shit, most people on here spend years collecting parts like that, waiting for good used deals, etc. (myself included), and you just bought it all new in a single day? You're a mad man. This sounds like a lot of fun.
Haha I've been saving! I just never pulled the trigger because my health kind of got in the way. I've had several chemo & black box treatments and I just recovered from a bad allergic reaction and I don't want to wait anymore. :)

avgj0e

Passed Driver's Ed
Alright slight build update.
42 Below came through and shipped my exhaust yesterday!
I also picked up these because these up because yes;
Fuel injectors: Hitatchi FSI RS4

Last edited:

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Eh, not a fan of those pipes. Looks like the machine messed up with rolling them. Or some kind of conjoined twin situation going on LOL