GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Got the itch for new rims...

torga

Autocross Champion
My inner JDM still really likes RPF1's.

View attachment 182580
Ugh, same. But the 18x8 RPF1 face looks awful. The RPF1s in this photo are 18x9 +35, and that's the "narrowest" you can get them with this slightly inset, slightly concave face.
But to make them work, you need a ton of fender work (if you don't want stretched tires and/or lots of neg camber). And I'm not putting 215 or 225 tires on a 9" wheel.... so I think I'm giving up on them.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Konig Hypergrams give a bit of a concave effect in a +45, 8” wide wheel. They’re not terribly expensive either.

1597243669567.png

torga

Autocross Champion
Konig Hypergrams give a bit of a concave effect in a +45, 8” wide wheel. They’re not terribly expensive either.

View attachment 182614
Those look good. For me, it's more about concave than a lip. I'm more than likely going with Konig Ampliforms. My first choice was the RAYS Gram Lights 57DR, but they seem to be impossible to get in the configuration I want (on backorder, was told it'd be 3 months back in March, was told it'd be 3 months again just a few weeks ago...)

Ah well, Ampliforms give a decent amount of depth. This pic is 18x8.5 +43 with 235/40 tires.
tenjk3tz1id51-01.jpeg

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Those look good. For me, it's more about concave than a lip. I'm more than likely going with Konig Ampliforms. My first choice was the RAYS Gram Lights 57DR, but they seem to be impossible to get in the configuration I want (on backorder, was told it'd be 3 months back in March, was told it'd be 3 months again just a few weeks ago...)

Ah well, Ampliforms give a decent amount of depth. This pic is 18x8.5 +43 with 235/40 tires.
View attachment 182626
Those look great. Konig is killing it lately.

JW with a VW

Go Kart Champion

View attachment 182626
Those are nice!

JW with a VW

Go Kart Champion

View attachment 182626
No spacers?

torga

Autocross Champion

JW with a VW

Go Kart Champion
I've seen a lot of black on black and now I worry the rims may get "lost" with all that black...

These look pretty nice, too...thoughts?

20200812_182542.jpg

Rotiform FLG R133 18x8.5 45

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion

JW with a VW

Go Kart Champion
I agree with you black rims do get lost on a dark car. I really like the A4 rims you have now.
I do, too...guess I'm just getting bored and wanna do something for it. 🤓

tdream1

Autocross Newbie

Thumper

Autocross Champion
I currently have the Audi A4s on my car:

View attachment 182544

They are called "Rotors" ;)

I don't approve of black wheels period (even though I had them on my last GTI for a short time, then came to my senses lol) and really don't like them on black cars. Yeah, there's something to be said about the murdered out look, but just not for me. Best look on the black would be a nice bronze (not gold) color, or if you want to make a statement go with white.

https://www.vmrwheels.com/product-page/v802

Those in either Bronze or White would look positively sick. I actually plan to get those for my R for my street tires.