GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Grace - A Modest Build

Dub_Polo

Ready to race!
4 Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s mounted, balanced and installed!!

Dub_Polo

Ready to race!
GFB DV+ ordered!

Dub_Polo

Ready to race!
Wow it’s been over a year, but finally got my exhaust on and tuned to stage 2. Finishing school, and starting a new job really put a halt on the whole car thing��

torga

Autocross Champion
Wow it’s been over a year, but finally got my exhaust on and tuned to stage 2. Finishing school, and starting a new job really put a halt on the whole car thing��
I feel that. I was super gung-ho about my car during my freshman/junior years, but as time went on and responsibilities grew, it got reduced to just routine maintenance and I ended up picking up cheaper hobbies, like photography.
Now that I have a job (and $$$), the car hobby has surged back up!
Congrats on finishing school; it's a great feeling.

Dub_Polo

Ready to race!
I feel that. I was super gung-ho about my car during my freshman/junior years, but as time went on and responsibilities grew, it got reduced to just routine maintenance and I ended up picking up cheaper hobbies, like photography.
Now that I have a job (and $$$), the car hobby has surged back up!
Congrats on finishing school; it's a great feeling.

Thank you! Have a couple more things and then I think I’ll be set for a little bit

Dub_Polo

Ready to race!
GFB DV+ installed last night!

Dub_Polo

Ready to race!
Have really been slacking, kind fell out of the car scene with the new job and new place, but looking to get back. Since I got my GFB installed had to replace the water pump, but had a buddy do the job so it was not bad. Some plans are swapping out the old Racelands for some struts and springs to make the ride a little better, installing the intercooler I won from a contest and getting a stratified tune. Thinking of getting some wheels and tires too, but that's future plans.

Dub_Polo

Ready to race!
Picked these up today for $900. Wheels are a couple months old and tires have about 3k on them. Swapping them on soon!

Attachments

• E635CF59-F7A2-47E2-9094-C183F35CA3DB.jpeg
    E635CF59-F7A2-47E2-9094-C183F35CA3DB.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 130

Dub_Polo

Ready to race!
Whelp water pump went... AGAIN. Getting that fixed asap

Dub_Polo

Ready to race!
Got the water pump fixed, changed out the spark plugs, swapped my suspension from the Raceland Ultimos that were almost 4 years old and got my new wheels and tires swapped on. Had a buddy do the water pump for me and while he has the car just did everything else. Next is an intercooler and a tune!

Dub_Polo

Ready to race!
Well it has been a while. So after changing the water pump for the second time in 9/10 months, switching the suspension and getting wheels and tires I was happy with where the car stood. Love driving it everyday and it was great, until my water pump went, again! It went in June making it the third time in a year or so. With that I have decided to sell the car and get something new. I just picked up a 2020 Tacoma SR5 and sold the GTI to someone who I know will take good care of it. Have had the GTI for a little less that 6 years and loved it. It is a shame it had to go, but it was time. That means it is time to end this thread that documented my upgrades. Thanks to everyone who answered my questions on this forum!

/thread

Thumper

Autocross Champion
What did you think of the GFB DV+??

3 water pumps in a year is just crazy, almost seems like installation issue. Sucks you had to let her go.

Dub_Polo

Ready to race!
What did you think of the GFB DV+??

3 water pumps in a year is just crazy, almost seems like installation issue. Sucks you had to let her go.
Had family friend do it who has a big turbo mk6 that he has done all the work on, so I trusted him with it. I heard once the first goes it just a vicious cycle and continues happening. Sold it for $7800 so that was nice