GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

gray color code, front bumper GTI

luiseche

Hello all,

One idiot hit me in while I was parking and now I have a small part of the front bumper without paint. I want to manually re-paint it until I have time to go to the dealer but as it is the gray valence I cannot find the color code. Could you please help me?

a pic for better explanation:

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
It might just be gray plastic, not actual paint....not 100% on that though.

In any case, I'd get it painted (body color) red now. Looks MUCH better, IMO

For example:

luiseche

It is painted, I'm almost 100% sure, I was wondering on matching the car color too... but on red is not my favorite mod tbh... There is no way to find the color! it's like a dark grey... but I'm not sure.

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
I'd just paint the whole thing whatever grey seemed to match best. It's hard if you cant find the code to match it.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Oh, so you're just looking for touch up paint for it?

If it's not a factory exterior paint color, they probably won't have it readily available (or even at all)

Kind of like their OEM wheel paint...they don't offer it as a touch up option

luiseche

Oh, so you're just looking for touch up paint for it?

If it's not a factory exterior paint color, they probably won't have it readily available (or even at all)

Kind of like their OEM wheel paint...they don't offer it as a touch up option

I see, here in spain we have the option (if you have the full insurance) to get the bumper fixed by free. Do you think If I choose this in my next oil-change I will get a new valence or they will re-paint it?

darkGTI

Ready to race!
As I was searching myself for the color of this part I found this thread first, disappointed that no one was able to come up with the color code...
Anyway, I found the name in ETKA for part number 5K0 853 655 G it says 5K0853655G A7U pearl grey metallic color. I hope it helps the next guy.

brian2668

Passed Driver's Ed
As I was searching myself for the color of this part I found this thread first, disappointed that no one was able to come up with the color code...
Anyway, I found the name in ETKA for part number 5K0 853 655 G it says 5K0853655G A7U pearl grey metallic color. I hope it helps the next guy.
did this color code work for you ?