GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gray Ghost 2010 CSG Autobahn - 2009 CW GTI - MK6 Road Warriors

zrickety

The Fixer
The tale of 2 cars. Both CCTA powered, a late MKV and an early MK6.
Current 2009 GTI begins on page 5.
https://golfmk6.com/forums/index.ph...-cw-gti-mk6-road-warriors.294710/post-7868236

Sold and still nearby...
2010 Autobahn GTI
I bought this car used in 2014, my friend was going to trade it in on a 4runner of all things. Got to ride in it when he bought it new, thought it was such a great car. He proceeded to mod it by driving to APR headquarters and then by bringing it to my house. I had the 09 GTI at the time. One day he called me up and said, 'do you know someone that would buy my car?' This worked out perfectly because we had a Mini Cooper my wife didn't like.

Existing mods:
APR K04
APR intercooler
Carbonio intake
Neuspeed TOP and throttle pipes
APR TBE
Eibach sways
Eibach pro springs
ECS subframe insert
ECS slotted rotors/EBC pads?
Rev D diverter valve
Forge spacer- removed
18" Vision V
Mileage then 70,000

She said it looked like a man's car and we made some cosmetic changes.

Eventually she got another car, I said goodbye to the 09, and officially took this car under my wing. Time for more changes!

Added mods:
OEM mudflaps
Unibrace XB
DEI cool wrap intake
TSW Interlagos wheels, satin nickel
Continental DWS 235/40R18
Denso platinum plugs
R8 Coil packs
IE Stage 2 intake pipe
Motul DSG fluid
ECS skidplate
Replaced radiator
Black/nickel grille stripes
Kenwood DVD
Directed 4x10 remote start
LED tails
2.0 badge
----------------

Future mods:
VWR subframe mount, engine mounts
Koni yellows, TT strut mounts and DG springs
Unibrace UB
Whiteline control arm bushings (had these before, amazing)
Aluminum Passat knuckles and control arms
Aluminum rear knuckles
LSD for DSG
1663535723749.png

The prodigal son returns. Sold in 2015, back into the fold 2019.
1663525643879.png

More to come.

Last edited:

dafuture

Go Kart Champion
Looks good man! Makes me miss my old CSG a bit. I have a few of the things from your future mods list (VWR subframe mount, Unibrace UB) going in soon, and I just put in the DG springs. I can definitely recommend those

zrickety

The Fixer
Thanks man. I had the UB on the other car, just waiting to raise it up a bit with the DG's. Stock shocks are shot.

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
Gratuitous parts pictures

Painted shifter trim/console metallic gray

January radiator replaced with Nissens

America

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
Thanks. Did the 110k service and made a bracket for the front portion of the intake. We are building a separate garage for me to work out of, should be done in May. Trying to wait for that and I'll make some more progress.

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
Tried one of those ABT style grilles from ebay. First of all, some assembly required. Looks like I am supposed to cut and mount the metal honeycomb. Secondly, it's only held at the bottom by the headlights themselves. Not a great idea.

And cut a bigger hole in my skid plate.

Last edited:

dafuture

Go Kart Champion
It's awesome that you're getting your own garage! You're gonna have way too much fun in there, I'm seriously jealous. Do you plan on putting a lift in?

zrickety

The Fixer
Oh yes, that's a present from Grandma. I know I'm lucky, perks of turning 40.

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
Tried one of those ABT style grilles from ebay. First of all, some assembly required. Looks like I am supposed to cut and mount the metal honeycomb. Secondly, it's only held at the bottom by the headlights themselves. Not a great idea.

I'm running the same style of grill. The trimming of it is a bit of a pain for sure. The tiny supplied screws didn't seem to stay in the holes well so I ended up using my own hardware (just so your not surprised if you have a similar issue). And I agree the mounting of it could have been better though it does seem to stay in place somehow.

zrickety

The Fixer
I guess for $60 it's not bad. I'll have some fun with it this summer and paint it. The fit is actually good and I like the larger vents by the intake. Just don't like it rubbing the lenses, but I'll make it work.

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
I know this looks the same, but I sold the APR stage 2 pipe and picked up the Integrated Engineering one from Joe. Opted to buy a flexible coupler and had to trim the APR stage 1 intake to make it work. Dirty bay is dirty...

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
I put that ABT style grille together, cut up my fingers a bit. Test fit is better using the mesh grille like a tab at the bottom. I put the GTI grille back on until I paint this.

And thanks to Cadubya and his research, I picked up some aluminum rear knuckles to go with my front setup waiting to be installed. Complete with bearings and hubs off a low mile Tiguan (fit Passat, TT, CC, Eos, etc).

3C0505433K LEFT
3C0505434K RIGHT

Vs cast iron GTI parts

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
So some do the aluminum front arms, but who has done the rears? My parts arrived and these are so light! The dust covers left all these great bolts behind.

Last edited: