GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI Data Logging Compendium

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Another way to get more resolution out of vag-com is to choose data from the same groups.

For example, don't grab RPM from group 1 and then nothing else from that group.

If you have a group where you're grabbing other items, and RPM is in that group, grab RPM from that group instead.

The fewer you use, the faster logging will be.

allset

Go Kart Champion
^Don't you guys have a tweak on your site to get more data out of a micro-can cable?

i dont think it matters, since the micro can is inherently limited to a max baud rate

k03tfsi

Ready to race!

avihaitopor

Ready to race!
2012 SEAT LEON DSG
AWE/GIAC KO4
98 octane{93US}

Attachments

• MAF.jpg
    MAF.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 369
  • Boost.jpg
    Boost.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 346

allset

Go Kart Champion
How much timing pull is safe on APR tunes?

there's no "safe" timing pull per say.

timing pull or retard is a reaction or a "safety" in simple terms. a way to look at it is if timing is consistently being pulled more than -6 ( further than -6 in the negative range) there could be a problem. occasional pull 0 to -3 is considered spec

k03tfsi

Ready to race!
there's no "safe" timing pull per say.

timing pull or retard is a reaction or a "safety" in simple terms. a way to look at it is if timing is consistently being pulled more than -6 ( further than -6 in the negative range) there could be a problem. occasional pull 0 to -3 is considered spec

Ok... I see about -4,5 midrange and -3 at high rpm (5-6k) over 6k it is clear...

allset

Go Kart Champion
Ok... I see about -4,5 midrange and -3 at high rpm (5-6k) over 6k it is clear...

Στάλθηκε; από το; GT-N7105 μο;υ;

0 to 14 degrees and above is considered timing advance and is favorable b/c it in combination with ignition and piston position creates the most power.

0 to -12 and lower is timing pull and occurs for a number of reasons when conditions aren't right which reduces the power being made via the same process as above but its chiral-opposite.

rpm doesn't matter much u can pull in idle.

Last edited:

k03tfsi

Ready to race!
0 to 14 degrees and above is considered timing advance and is favorable b/c it in combination with ignition and piston position creates the most power.

0 to -12 and lower is timing pull and occurs for a number of reasons when conditions aren't right which reduces the power being made via the same process as above but its chiral-opposite.

rpm doesn't matter much u can pull in idle.

I know what you mean but I speak for timing pull...

allset

Go Kart Champion
I know what you mean but I speak for timing pull...

ah, right, i misunderstood your post. yes anthing -4 to 0 is "ok" but u should be advancing timing under load at lower-mid to high rpms.

if u are pulling more than -4 or-6 under load at mid to high rpms, you may have a problem. u should most always be advacing timing under load not pulling

k03tfsi

Ready to race!
ah, right, i misunderstood your post. yes anthing -4 to 0 is "ok" but u should be advancing timing under load at lower-mid to high rpms.

if u are pulling more than -4 or-6 under load at mid to high rpms, you may have a problem. u should most always be advacing timing under load not pulling

That's right... I have about +10 in midrange advancing to 18 at high rpms and cf pull about -4.5 in mid and falling to -3 at high... with 0 cf from 6 to 7k with 18.8° advance.

allset

Go Kart Champion
That's right... I have about +10 in midrange advancing to 18 at high rpms and cf pull about -4.5 in mid and falling to -3 at high... with 0 cf from 6 to 7k with 18.8° advance.

u should post the logs/graphs here. thats what this thread is for.

k03tfsi

Ready to race!
uploadfromtaptalk1367093054751.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1367093068367.jpg

*it's a 1.8tsi! K04 apr stg3! setting for 95octane

the file 98octane is more aggressiv and has more timing pull ( CF )

Last edited: