GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI Data Logging Compendium

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
now in addition to my stage 1 and stage 2 logs posted previously, i added a new log with the GFB DV+ which I installed last night.

in addition to the DV+ log added a few days ago, i have now added the next log layer with a stubby short ram intake installed. Download the log here:

www.bellbottomblasters.com/images/unitronicstage2wDVandINTAKE.xlsx

3rd gear runs like always, 2000rpm to redline DSG shift. around 54-55F like usual.

Notes:

- previous max MAF g/s flow was about 197? I hit a 210 with this intake, but I was expecting more. Looks like the stock intake on my setup doesn't restrict that much air at all. With this same intake on my old K04 car, it hit 266 g/s.

- max timing pull -2.3 a few times, never touched -4.5.

- max timing (added) was 16.5 BTDC, just about right for running 91 octane gas on a 93 octane tune

- highest and lowest lamba: .76 vs 1.04. (I have one instance of 1.99 which must be a glitch)

- RPM point at which boost matches or exceeds requested not really any different with the intake, doesnt boost sooner. Max PSI reached still 17.3psi like previous logs.

Conclusion: This intake is useless on this car, and adds no benefit aside from increased undesireable noise.

Last edited:

PoLo35

Passed Driver's Ed
How do you log in to transform your table or curve? :confused::confused:

goose1

Ready to race!
Ran a few logs tonight Unitronic Stage 2 on 93 octane up to 10% ethanol, Uni intake, 3" catless downpipe into Magnaflow catback. 73F, 65% humidity at about 50 feet above sea level.
I'll see if a different gas station will help the timing pull, and I'll try and get around to running some logs on 100 octane when get around to it as I have to pay tolls going to any station with race gas.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ptt5qqaiml9uvs/8-24Stage2-93octane 3rdgear.ods?dl=0

Pound

Ready to race!
Hopefully people still look at this thread. Did my first log today.GIAC K04 + supporting mods. All specs are in my sig

3rd Gear pull from 2k to redline. 94 Octane. Forgot traction control on. Throttle valve angle was 100 all the way to redline.

GIAC is requesting 22PSI all the way to redline. I drop off severely at about 5500

Timing was retarded for cylinder 2 only. Ignition timing angle dips at 5k. MAF also dips. Am I having Com errors?

Full log

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/99562349/CC/Logs/WOT LOG.xlsx

Thanks for the help in advance!

RaySkodaTSI

Ready to race!
Hi All,

I've a Skoda Octavia Mk2 1.8TSI 6MT (EA888mk2). Ran Stage 2(JBS Map, Milltek RacePipe and Non resonated catback, Spullen Boost Pipes & GFB DV+) for 15k kms without issues.

About 2 Weeks ago installed a APR K04 Turbo & APR 93Map, and I'm getting persistent overboost CEL (P0235) and limp mode ~ 4th Gear at 6500rpm.
Video of Overboost issue on track - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4IjGTeEqYE

Log from the track.
APR K04 Overboost and Limp Mode.jpg

Spoke with APR and they recommended putting all stock parts back.

Put all stock parts back in except the APR Carbonio Stage 1. Replaced the Spullen with the Stock Pancake pipe, and the GFB DV+ with the Stock DV. Did a full boost leak test.

Sealed off the intercooler exit, blocked off all Breather Hoses and PCV. Pressurized the Turbo inlet first upto 10PSI, then all the way upto 30PSI, and looked for leaks. Nothing found.

Results - Nearly SAME! Havent got a EPC light yet, as max speed I was able to achieve was 170kmph, and the EPC+Limp used to occur at 188Kmph in 4th Gear.
APR K04 1.8TSI - DECAT TBE + Carbonio.jpg

Can any of the guru's chime in as to what this could be. The car ran perfectly fine with Stage 2 tune (JBS) for over 14,500kms and never ever got a boost issue or overboost MIL.

laserbeamz

Passed Driver's Ed
Just wondering if I can get anyone with a little more experience opinion?

Just switched my k04 GIAC tune from 91 to 93, running 94 octane fuel with about 10% ethanol content. Was out doing pulls and the car seemed to fall flat briefly while building boost in 4th so I ran some logs later. Unfortunately the only time I could reproduce it I wasn't logging timing correction factor.

The first graph is the boost when the car fell flat for a split second. Actual boost was normal but the requested dropped off suddenly. I wasn't logging timing CF so I can only assume it was pulling boost due to a large timing pull event?

The second graph all I saw was -3 timing correction on cylinder 2 and 0's across the board for everything else. But it still under requested boost towards the end of the pull?

doug@frankenturbo

Turbos Galore
Just wondering if I can get anyone with a little more experience opinion?

Just switched my k04 GIAC tune from 91 to 93, running 94 octane fuel with about 10% ethanol content.
...it still under requested boost towards the end of the pull?

That dropoff in boost is normal for a K04. It can't meet requests of ~20psi at such a high engine speed. But the software nevertheless can accept the shortfall.

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion

Giac stage 2 running the ethanol race blend file. 0% timing pull across the entire rpm under wot. 0 misfires. But I'm getting some hesitation between 3-4k. The car surges and then continues to pull. Boost is below requested and my n75 is pegged the entire pull. These logs were done is 75°f. What gives? Is it a boost leak?

RaySkodaTSI

Ready to race!
the hesitation is present in all cars. its more prevalent in some. I'd suggest get a GFB DV+. It helped clear mine when I was stage2.

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
the hesitation is present in all cars. its more prevalent in some. I'd suggest get a GFB DV+. It helped clear mine when I was stage2.

Thanks that's actually was with DV+. I ended up removing it and replacing it with a rev d. All is good now

mraaf

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello all,
I am new here need advise from experts regarding my fuel log below. I am running OEM K04 with Revo tune. What puzzling me is the fluctuating fuel rail pressure from 4800 rpm and above. I can't feel it while driving but I feel that something is not properly working in my fuel system. My LPFP is 265LPH A35HV pump, however stock LPFP also showing the same.

Fuel filter is new, HPFP and injector are stock. My mileage 120k km.

Any opinion and advise is greatly appreciated. Thanks.