GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI MK6 ED35 - Installed News Transmission and Engine Mounts- THEN BANG

Vymur

Hey Guys,

So, we installed new transmission mounts and engine mounts + dogbone mount insert into my car today (CTS). I was driving home fine, and then i decide to launch the car. After launching, i believe something broke. Not sure as of yet. Had steam coming out of the engine.

In park, you can feel the car vibration more and can also hear a sound. When changing gears from between park and drive, you can feel the gear changes a lot more.

Here is a video of the car on slight acceleration. The engine moves a lot.

What are some common problems after doing these mounts have people had? What's breaking?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iX1t14UinkW-Tzwsr1llumBsSieyZFu_/view?usp=sharing - Video of what the engine is doing.

Cheers

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Just jack up the car and look lol.... I have heard of people putting in dogbone inserts and the stress breaking the stock dogbone itself causing the front of the engine to crash into the radiator breaking stuff

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
You may be able to take a look under and see if your dogbone(aka pendulum) is snapped without jacking the car and hopefully it didn't take any of the transmission with it. This is one reason I removed my insert until I got the stronger billet 034 pendulum mount since this seems like a somewhat common issue.

Grabbit

Go Kart Champion
You're not going to get any useful answers here if you haven't looked yourself.... Just smart ass answers like this....sorry scro

magic-8-ball-outlook.jpg

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
Looks like your dog bone mount (Rear engine mount) broke when you launched the car. Super common problem when paired with 034 mount, this actually happened to me but not from launching the car (mine snapped when i floored the car from a 10mph roll). DO NOT drive the car or have the engine rock back and forth anymore, you run the risk of damaging you down pipe, intercooler, cooling fans, A/C lines and radiator support. When mine snapped all the items i listed out broke for me. Check if the engine mount is broken, you don't even need to jack up the car just take a picture with flash on. If its broken buy a new mount its like $20 on FCPeuro and replace it, then inspect for damage to your down pipe and front radiator support area.