GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI oem+ brake options (4/2 pot)

charlton

For mostly vanity/OCD reasons, I would like a 4 pot front and 2 pot rear brake setup and something that is OEM VAG group so ideally bolt on and ‘cheap’ to pickup and maintain. Am I dreaming or is this possible?

(Running genuine Edition 35 wheels for clearance purposes)

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Yes, there are a variety of options out there for the front although I'm not sure on the 2 pot rears. I believe there's a TTS option, Macans, Boxster, Q7 17z... do some digging around here (and over at MkV, the brakes are the same) and you'll find a number of threads on it.

charlton

Thank you, I’ve been searching and struggling for the rears too so it’s good to know the other marques to look out for. I‘ll see what I can find and then post on here to check the compatibility

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Thank you, I’ve been searching and struggling for the rears too so it’s good to know the other marques to look out for. I‘ll see what I can find and then post on here to check the compatibility

Make sure to do your homework on wheel clearance as well. I do not think there are many (any) 4 pot "BBK" options that fit OEM GTI wheels, even if they're Ed35.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
You are probably dreaming or we all would be useing what you are dreaming of. Like you I wanted upgraded brakes front and rear. Did my homework and found the most affordable solution at the time, but it was not cheap. OEM brake upgrades are 18z or 17z brakes used on Cayenne or Boxster for the front. If you can find a rear mount kit and parking brake solution you can also do the rears. I did a few years back but the rear mount kit I used is no longer available. I found as had others at the time, doing both front and rear caused pedal engagement depth to be too low and I had to also upgrade to RS3 master cylinder.

I can't recall all the costs but it was well over 2K probably closer to 3K for parts. And I bought new wheels to clear brakes and to show them off. Most OEM wheels didn't really show them off. Bought 2 sets, 1 for track.

Rear with Wilwood parking brake and mounting kit, also had to go to R32 parking brake cables