GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

RadioFlyer

Go Kart Newbie
She’s currently not carrying, so she’s starting down that road, but was a killer shot with her old M&P .45. As for belt, I use a 511....been decent so far
A less expensive pistol to consider is a
Taurus G2C.
20200926_142544.jpg
Thin, high capacity, lightweight.

If there are Rural King stores (kinda like a Lowe's/Tractor Supply but with guns and ammo) in your area, they may have them in stock.
Grabagun gets shipments of the Sigs and Hellcats randomly. Their prices are higher, but at least you can buy from them in this environment.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Picking up a Shield in 9mm.... found local used one with only 66 rounds through it. I’ll get an extended mag and call it a day. Appreciate all the input!!

crxgator

Drag Race Newbie
Alright y’all.... need a handgun for my wife.

Must be 9mm. Can’t be full size (barrel between 3”-4”) and capacity needs to be at least 10 rounds or more. No revolvers

P365
Hellcat
Glock xx?

What else??

Go.....
P320 X compact.

Beju

Go Kart Newbie
Take her to a gun store with a massive selection, and let her put her hands on as many guns as possible. Whichever feels good in her hand, or she is drawn to, gets sat aside. Then narrow down those choices by reliability, etc.

Basically, l
t her pick the gun.
I'd say what feels good in her hand with the caveat that she needs to know how to hold the pistol. I've seen more than one female shooter put backstraps on Gen 4/5 Glocks that they totally didn't need, resulting in poor trigger finger placement, inability to manage recoil with the top of the grip hitting the thumb joint instead of the web of the hand, or both. Also, some tiny handed ladies are much better off with slimmer gripped pistols like, well, just about anything that's not a Glock or a double stack .45ACP.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
man I haven't fired a .22 since boy scouts LOL

Thumper1

Autocross Newbie
Watched this video. The guy seems to give an honest review. He also talks about the brand. IIWM, I would check out the company and the warranty seeing as it's made in Turkey. Sounds like you want at least a Gen 3. I prefer a pump gun because you use low recoil ammo with a rubber pistol grip.
I was at first considering one of the bullpup designs to aid in recoil but my main goal is a large capacity 12 gauge (I have a Maverick Security that holds 8 already) and looking at the drum magazines which just will not work on a bullpup. You can go 10-round in a standard vertical magazine on a bullpup, but a 20-round drum just seems like something to have. :cool: Besides recoil should be slightly aided from the semi-auto action, the one thing I have seen in my research is you have to be careful and test the ammo cause some shells won't cycle the action on semi-auto's. Basically, buy a couple boxes and run them through before trusting them in a self-defense situation.

Beju

Go Kart Newbie
Besides recoil should be slightly aided from the semi-auto action, the one thing I have seen in my research is you have to be careful and test the ammo cause some shells won't cycle the action on semi-auto's. Basically, buy a couple boxes and run them through before trusting them in a self-defense situation.
That's a good rule of thumb.

I've seen a Mossberg 930 perfectly cycle 1200 fps Remington Reduced Recoil LE buckshot, then fail to reliably cycle 1200 fps Winchester Ranger Low Recoil slugs.

Faceman

Drag Racing Champion
I was at first considering one of the bullpup designs to aid in recoil but my main goal is a large capacity 12 gauge (I have a Maverick Security that holds 8 already) and looking at the drum magazines which just will not work on a bullpup. You can go 10-round in a standard vertical magazine on a bullpup, but a 20-round drum just seems like something to have. :cool: Besides recoil should be slightly aided from the semi-auto action, the one thing I have seen in my research is you have to be careful and test the ammo cause some shells won't cycle the action on semi-auto's. Basically, buy a couple boxes and run them through before trusting them in a self-defense situation.
Can you find a used Saiga 12?

Baka

Passed Driver's Ed
Owning a gun is a massive ball ache here, so I've just got a few airguns for plinking in the garden.

So far I've got a Walther P99, a Dan Wesson revolver and a 1911. All making about 3 foot pounds, so, scary stuff.

anotero

Autocross Champion