GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Alright y’all.... need a handgun for my wife.

Must be 9mm. Can’t be full size (barrel between 3”-4”) and capacity needs to be at least 10 rounds or more. No revolvers

P365
Hellcat
Glock xx?

What else??

Go.....

P320 X compact.

Beju

Go Kart Newbie
Take her to a gun store with a massive selection, and let her put her hands on as many guns as possible. Whichever feels good in her hand, or she is drawn to, gets sat aside. Then narrow down those choices by reliability, etc.

Basically, l
t her pick the gun.
I'd say what feels good in her hand with the caveat that she needs to know how to hold the pistol. I've seen more than one female shooter put backstraps on Gen 4/5 Glocks that they totally didn't need, resulting in poor trigger finger placement, inability to manage recoil with the top of the grip hitting the thumb joint instead of the web of the hand, or both. Also, some tiny handed ladies are much better off with slimmer gripped pistols like, well, just about anything that's not a Glock or a double stack .45ACP.

RadioFlyer

Go Kart Champion
🤪 Another plinker onboard:
20200928_154414.jpg

A few 25 rd mags for good measure.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
man I haven't fired a .22 since boy scouts LOL

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Watched this video. The guy seems to give an honest review. He also talks about the brand. IIWM, I would check out the company and the warranty seeing as it's made in Turkey. Sounds like you want at least a Gen 3. I prefer a pump gun because you use low recoil ammo with a rubber pistol grip.

I was at first considering one of the bullpup designs to aid in recoil but my main goal is a large capacity 12 gauge (I have a Maverick Security that holds 8 already) and looking at the drum magazines which just will not work on a bullpup. You can go 10-round in a standard vertical magazine on a bullpup, but a 20-round drum just seems like something to have. :cool: Besides recoil should be slightly aided from the semi-auto action, the one thing I have seen in my research is you have to be careful and test the ammo cause some shells won't cycle the action on semi-auto's. Basically, buy a couple boxes and run them through before trusting them in a self-defense situation.

Beju

Go Kart Newbie
Besides recoil should be slightly aided from the semi-auto action, the one thing I have seen in my research is you have to be careful and test the ammo cause some shells won't cycle the action on semi-auto's. Basically, buy a couple boxes and run them through before trusting them in a self-defense situation.
That's a good rule of thumb.

I've seen a Mossberg 930 perfectly cycle 1200 fps Remington Reduced Recoil LE buckshot, then fail to reliably cycle 1200 fps Winchester Ranger Low Recoil slugs.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
I was at first considering one of the bullpup designs to aid in recoil but my main goal is a large capacity 12 gauge (I have a Maverick Security that holds 8 already) and looking at the drum magazines which just will not work on a bullpup. You can go 10-round in a standard vertical magazine on a bullpup, but a 20-round drum just seems like something to have. :cool: Besides recoil should be slightly aided from the semi-auto action, the one thing I have seen in my research is you have to be careful and test the ammo cause some shells won't cycle the action on semi-auto's. Basically, buy a couple boxes and run them through before trusting them in a self-defense situation.
Can you find a used Saiga 12?

Baka

Ready to race!
Owning a gun is a massive ball ache here, so I've just got a few airguns for plinking in the garden.

So far I've got a Walther P99, a Dan Wesson revolver and a 1911. All making about 3 foot pounds, so, scary stuff.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
First part came in for my first gun build. It’ll mostly be Aero Precision parts. Doing an 8” 300 BLK pistol.

Attachments

• 5632FD1F-7C95-48F2-9757-D8B5ACC57A1D.jpeg
    5632FD1F-7C95-48F2-9757-D8B5ACC57A1D.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 170

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Can you find a used Saiga 12?

I could find new ones even, but I am more of an AR guy.

I ended up ordering a Rock Island VR80, the Panzer went out of stock and, well, I felt the need to make the purchase sooner rather than later if you know what I mean. Hoping to pick it up this weekend, the gun store is quite busy and getting a ton of FFL transfers. Already got the ProMag 20 round drum delivered and loaded with #00. (y) I'm still looking around for what handgrip and stock I'll put on but can't wait to try it out.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
So what are the chances current black rifles will be banned? Is there a huge rush to buy them with the expectations they will be grandfathered?