GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

H&R Super Sport Springs vs. Raceland Ultimo Coilovers

ryanreef

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys what's up. I recently began putting some upgrades into my car. Already got a custom 3" straight catback and Neuspeed intake. I'm ordering some Depo tail lights as well. My hardest decision so far has been on how to lower my car. I'm looking for something to clear the gap, no scraping involved, but at the same time want to have the best ride I can get. Not looking to spend too much money, but willing to pay more for coilovers (obviously). So far for springs I like the super sports a lot, mainly for the drop. I'm a little worried about their ride quality and I feel that I may want to go lower. Anyone know anything about Raceland Ultimos or any decent priced coilovers? I'm on stock detroits. Let me know, thanks.

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
I would seriously consider spending more money on a higher quality coilover kit. If that isn't doable then look at the warranty for the various cheap coilover options solowerkes, JOM, WRD, USP, Meagan Racing are some other ones

ryanreef

Passed Driver's Ed
I would seriously consider spending more money on a higher quality coilover kit. If that isn't doable then look at the warranty for the various cheap coilover options solowerkes, JOM, WRD, USP, Meagan Racing are some other ones
I wouldn't mind buying some used coilovers that are higher quality. Only problem is most of the ones I've found are local only. What coilovers under 1000$ would you recommend for the best ride?

ryanreef

Passed Driver's Ed
If anyone that reads this has seen or has pictures of Raceland Ultimos on an mk6, could you please post them on here? Would really appreciate it.

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
Racelands are fugazzi KWs so you can look at any car with them to see how low they go. Everybody says Konis ride awesome and if you want to go low they are ok. I would recommend Bilstein they are arguably the best quality for the money ($1150 shipped) but 25" FTG is about it on stock size tires. I have heard FKs are good and they go low. If I wanted to slam my car on coils I would buy H&R Ultralows.

ryanreef

Passed Driver's Ed
Racelands are fugazzi KWs so you can look at any car with them to see how low they go. Everybody says Konis ride awesome and if you want to go low they are ok. I would recommend Bilstein they are arguably the best quality for the money ($1150 shipped) but 25" FTG is about it on stock size tires. I have heard FKs are good and they go low. If I wanted to slam my car on coils I would buy H&R Ultralows.
Okay perfect I will look into all these and see what I like. Whatever I do I will be doing this week. I'll post pictures! Wrapping my side mirrors and stock back spoiler in high quality 3M carbon fiber.

AXO

Go Kart Champion
I am running FK Streetlines. They are an economy coil at $550. They go low and drive decent for daily driving. I would think not so great for the track. I have no complaints. I have gotten used to the way they drive. They are definitely not as plush as the stockers. I would definitely give them a strong B+ in the econo class.

ryanreef

Passed Driver's Ed
They look really good man! I like your wheels a lot too. But when I went on the ECStuning website I did notice that the FK streetline's have a 1 year limited warranty while the Solo Werks S1's have a 3 year limited warranty. How long have you had them for? Haven't had any problems?

AXO

Go Kart Champion
I have had my FKs for about six months. I think Solo are pretty much the same. I like the 3 year warranty!

AnchorsAweigh

Go Kart Champion
WRDs are shit, installed a set this weekend, cheap quality and had to cut the tab on the strut to get it to fit in the control arm. As for super sports, had em, drops the rear more then the front. Looks ugly, get a quality set of coilovers, it'll cost you $500 more but will be worth it