GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Half of my lights went out all at once! Help!!!

mk6mattgti

Passed Driver's Ed
Drove to work today and everything was fine. When I got in my car to leave work, the mfi had multiple lighting errors listed. Check front right turn signal, front right marker lamp, front right fog lamp, front right low beam, front left marker lamp, left rear tail lamp, left rear brake light, license plate lamps. Any suggestions? I find it very hard to believe all of those bulbs went out at the same time. FYI, the only electronic mod I have done inside the car is a remote starter. Also I have been a professional installer for 16 years and have done remote start in countless VW's. Thanks in advance.

Matt

gjas181

Passed Driver's Ed
Drove to work today and everything was fine. When I got in my car to leave work, the mfi had multiple lighting errors listed. Check front right turn signal, front right marker lamp, front right fog lamp, front right low beam, front left marker lamp, left rear tail lamp, left rear brake light, license plate lamps. Any suggestions? I find it very hard to believe all of those bulbs went out at the same time. FYI, the only electronic mod I have done inside the car is a remote starter. Also I have been a professional installer for 16 years and have done remote start in countless VW's. Thanks in advance.

Matt

One of the guys at work had a similar issue in his Golf. It was traced back to a TSB about the fuses in the engine compartment blowing for the right side headlight. I can't recall if it involved the rest of the lights though.

Laxman76

Car(s)
Mk6 GTI

Matt
Matt did you ever figure out the problem. The same thing just happened to me today.