GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hard one to figure out ? Another damn P0420 problem thread

OEMPL+S

Go Kart Newbie
On a CCTA the post cat sensor does nothing other than measure cat efficiency right?

I have a CCTA and stock tune with a catless downpipe and vibrant j-bend with the smallest holed piece installed ....

Why am I getting P0420 ???

-My car likes 420 ??

-The piece I chose is to small and it needs more flow to the post cat O2??

-Dirty O2 sensor?

-Bad luck?

I cleared the code yesterday and now it's back again after about 70km.

Sent from my stomach using remote control

OEMPL+S

Go Kart Newbie
Ya [emoji1]

But is it gonna be a fuel consumption or performance issue on the CCTA??

I want the problem to be non existent for stock tune and stage 2 ....

Plus I might go United Motorsports tune which doesn't remove that sensor coding ....

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
It’ll improve your fuel consumption rather be about the same if you don’t get on it but just like any car it’ll consume more fuel if you hoon around everywhere lol but it’ll be a different car for sure. Hmmm most stage 2 tunes remove that cat efficiency code with catless or high flow cats to prevent the CEL. Look into other companies if United doesn’t remove it but I’m sure they could

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OEMPL+S

Go Kart Newbie
It’ll improve your fuel consumption rather be about the same if you don’t get on it but just like any car it’ll consume more fuel if you hoon around everywhere lol but it’ll be a different car for sure. Hmmm most stage 2 tunes remove that cat efficiency code with catless or high flow cats to prevent the CEL. Look into other companies if United doesn’t remove it but I’m sure they could

Oh the tune will be fine.

I'm just wondering if the P0420 code will cause problems like fuel consumption ....

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
Oh the tune will be fine.

I'm just wondering if the P0420 code will cause problems like fuel consumption ....

No it shouldn’t it’s just most likely because you’re catless

OEMPL+S

Go Kart Newbie
No it shouldn’t it’s just most likely because you’re catless

Well ya .... Didn't pop up before I went catless.

Just have read some various information about it .... But in pretty sure CCTA post cat sensor isn't to important

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
I thought leaving on spacers causes fuel/efficiency problems...

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
The p0420 code wont do anything to your car, its just annoying. Basically telling you something is wrong with your cat (its missing). These cars seem picky about the o2 sensors and spacers, maybe try to angle the sensor in a different direction, lengthen it or get a new one, though ive noticed you can throw other o2 rich/lean codes with different o2 spacer combinations. Best option is to get a tune :)

OEMPL+S

Go Kart Newbie
The p0420 code wont do anything to your car, its just annoying. Basically telling you something is wrong with your cat (its missing). These cars seem picky about the o2 sensors and spacers, maybe try to angle the sensor in a different direction, lengthen it or get a new one, though ive noticed you can throw other o2 rich/lean codes with different o2 spacer combinations. Best option is to get a tune :)
Thanks .... That's what I was thinking .... It's just a "hey there's something up here" warning .... It's doesn't effect anything ....

I'm gonna try and change the angle ....

Maybe clean the O2

OEMPL+S

Go Kart Newbie
I thought leaving on spacers causes fuel/efficiency problems...
Maybe on CBFA .... But I'm pretty sure CCTA rearmost sensor is just for ensuring the cat is working.

OEMPL+S

Go Kart Newbie
Ah shyt .... Was just my mechanic put the spacer in the wrong way .... Angled backwards .... So it's getting a blast of exhaust .....

At least that's what makes sense in my head .... Everyone angles the j-bend forward.