GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Has anyone tried Falken Azenis RT660 for track?

SteveInLA

Ready to race!
My Hankook Ventus R-S4's are done after my last track day. When I went to order a new set, I was told they are out of stock in my size for the rest of the season but that the new Falken RT660 is a comparable tire. Does anyone have experience with this tire for track use?
Thanks in advance,
Steve

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Nope. I hadn‘t even heard of it until this thread. Looks like a really new tire so finding information is difficult.

SteveInLA

Ready to race!
After two somewhat hot days at Thunderhill, my impression of these tires is that they are pretty much the same as the Hankook R-S4. Same performance and wear. I can probably get another 2-3 days out of them, but Thunderhill seems to be harder on tires than other tracks I've been to so your mileage may vary.

trekker

Go Kart Newbie
After two somewhat hot days at Thunderhill, my impression of these tires is that they are pretty much the same as the Hankook R-S4. Same performance and wear. I can probably get another 2-3 days out of them, but Thunderhill seems to be harder on tires than other tracks I've been to so your mileage may vary.
My buddy looking for a better replacement for Ventus R-S4. We'll check out that tire after we finished installing the suspension and dually wheels on the Superduty. That Falken RT660 sounds like interesting tires.

ChrisAttebery

Drag Racing Champion
On the Grassroots Motorsports forum someone had the center tread bar delaminate after a few AutoX runs. I think I'd wait to hear more reviews before I bought a set.

zsm722

Ready to race!
You can check out the Nexen nFera SUR4G as well. TPMparts.com can sell them to you (located in SoCal)