GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Haus of Dub (HOD) 6GT clutch Review

urbanevil

Ready to race!

OhioMK6

Ready to race!
I would do the HOD clutch over the SB Stage 2 any day. The SMF is nice, but everyone I know who's run a Southbend has needed a new clutch within 30-40k miles.

Don't say that to me :(

OhioMK6

Ready to race!
Sorry man :(

Hopefully you don't run into that issue. If you do, at least you know not to make the same mistake twice!

What fails on the clutch? I've heard the old SB clutches used to fail due to the spring design. I have the most recent revision.

It feels amazing. The perfect clutch in my opinion with very minimal added noise considering a SMF.

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
Just got the stage 1 tune(with carbonio intake) on my 2013...22k miles and it slipped instantly with the stock clutch. I plan to do the HOD and keep my flywheel. Would you suggest to use the stock slave cylinder on this?

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
Just got the stage 1 tune(with carbonio intake) on my 2013...22k miles and it slipped instantly with the stock clutch. I plan to do the HOD and keep my flywheel. Would you suggest to use the stock slave cylinder on this?

get a new one, fosho.

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
Just ordered mine. I'll post up a review when it gets installed and broken in.

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
13 GTI- APR stage 1 with carbonio intake.

Got the clutch installed yesterday at a local spot that is known for VW/AUDI work. I stalled it the starting off the first time, it was a hit to my pride since I hadn't stalled this car yet...it happens.

First impressions- it's much stiffer than I expected. Not as stiff as my last car(06 325xi 6spd) but still stiffer than expected. Had a lot of traffic on the way home and it felt great between 2-3k rpms. Feels overall like it grabs more than the last one, just general bite force.

Flywheel got resurfaced by a local spot that is apparently the best in town to do this type of thing. Mechanic said the flywheel was almost perfect when he took it out and for $75 I'll always get a fresh surface to mate with the clutch. I drove it after it slipped for about 4k and tried to go easy on it.

Only put about 50miles on it today after picking it up. I'll reply with more updates as the clutch breaks in.

I kept the old clutch. It looks great so I know after getting this done it simply didn't hold the power. I ended up doing the revision D just because, nothing wrong with the one that was in there(c) but I figured why not since I didn't get charged for that install and now I know it won't have any issues.

I was very happy with the clutch even before it was installed, I'm happier now feeling it.

Not much noise at all, only heard chatter once in stop and go so I assume it'll go away completely after a few hundred miles. There is a weird squeak from what the mechanic and I think is the thowout bearing since that's new too, but I assume like the chatter it'll go away once broken in.

So happy I found this clutch

Sublime

My 6GT lasted less than a year before the friction disk broke. Had to pay for labor a second time to get new kit put in. Hope you guys don't have this problem.

nickp1

Ready to race!
My 6GT lasted less than a year before the friction disk broke. Had to pay for labor a second time to get new kit put in. Hope you guys don't have this problem.

Well I was considering this clutch til this... maybe 200$ more for rsr is worth it?

Sublime

Allegedly they switched suppliers so this shouldn't be an issue anymore, but having my car down for 2 weeks waiting for replacement parts from HOD, and having to cover labor and a rental really blows for something that was not my fault.

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
When did you purchase yours?

*edit- I assume a year ago?

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
After 140miles the clutch seems a little lighter. There is zero noise now, I thought it would take longer.

Ran into a focus st this morning, always seems to happen when I can't push my car hard. The wait continues.