GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Headlight Switch (NAR to UK)

JN_VWMK6

Hey everyone, first post here of many I am sure!

I'm soon going to be moving to the UK and I will be bringing my 2011 MK6 from Canada. As such there are a few things I need to do before or when I bring it over for it to pass MOT.

1. Change Headlight Dip from LHD country to RHD country (Will be done via OBDeleven)
2. Change Rear Inner Right Tail Light to include the rear fog lamp (already ordered and on it's way)
3. Change the Headlamp switch in order to be able to activate the rear fog lamp.

While 1 & 2 I can do on my own, 3 I can do as well, however I'm a little by sceptical about whether I'd be sourcing the correct part or not.

I have tried contacting a couple dealerships in the UK and most mention to me a part number starting with 1K0, while here in Canada/US I'm finding part numbers for euro switches that start with 3C8. It is my understanding that the 3C8 part number has actually superseded the 1K0 part number, but I'm not sure and now conflicted. Additionally I discovered that while the 2011 MK6 in Canada/US (NAR) are the same as the UK/Euro Spec... the Tail Lights in the 2011 in NAR are not LED as they are in Europe for that year. It seems the last year for the Incandescent tails was 2010. So this lead me to further question whether the Euro Spec switch will work for UK spec vehicles, or if it's just coding in the BCM that will determine what the switch activates, etc.

That all aside, the questions I have are:

1. Did all 2010 GTi's in the UK come with "Auto" headlights? (my 2011 NAR spec does not have them)
2. Will I need a Headlamp switch specifically from/for a vehicle designed for a RHD country? or will that be determined by where my car was set up for; NAR. ?

I am aware of other parts of the forum that discuss this topic, and that there will be long coding involved, but everything is written up for wiring/coding a LHD vehicle for NAR and seems pretty straight forward when taking from Euro countries that also LHD.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can shed some light on this.

Best,
John