GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Headliner replacement...$700...fair?

JW with a VW

Go Kart Champion
Tell me your thoughts. After sitting in the garage for 3 months...thank you COVID, I decided to pull her out for a bath and drive...only to look in the rear view and see the dreaded sag... 😔

Guy quoted $700 for liner and moonroof (to keep colors matching). Too much?

Thanks in advance!

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I didn't have a sunroof, but I pulled out my headliner myself, took it to a shop to be reupholstered, and then reinstalled it myself. The shop only charged me $130 to reupholster it, which is about what materials would have cost me.

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion
does the 700 include lube?

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
I had mine done last year, when I was still in Florida. Cost me $200, matched the Titan Black perfectly. A company with a mobile unit came to my house and did it. The local VW dealer wanted $900. Pffffhht.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
I paid 300 for suede, but I did the removal myself(w/sunroof.) I wanted to make sure it was all put back together properly.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
I didn't have a sunroof, but I pulled out my headliner myself, took it to a shop to be reupholstered, and then reinstalled it myself. The shop only charged me $130 to reupholster it, which is about what materials would have cost me.

This is the way to do it. You can save a boatload on labor by pulling it yourself. It isnt that hard, you just have to be sure to not rip the ribbon wire loom and you are golden.

$700 is indeed too much. Especially if you are talking oem like materials. Only way I would pay 700 is if the dude was wrapping it in pure suede or something more exotic