GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hit a metal floor cover

flight1us

Ready to race!
as the title suggests yes i hit one of those metal floor covers they place when doing construction, question i have is what kind of damage should one expect aside from the obvious cracked oil pan.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
How hard did you hit it?

Did you crack the oil pan or just guessing?

Could be damage to the tire sidewalls, check them regularly for signs of a bubble, this includes jacking it up and looking at the inside sidewall. Bent wheels are of course a chance, while it's jacked up check for run out. Might want to pay attention for a vibration at specific speeds to see if wheels are out of balance.

I mean, the list is extensive but really depends on how thick it was and how hard you hit it.

Also, why is this in the Marketplace? LOL

MadSc13ntist

Ready to race!
It really depends on where it hit under your car. When i had my mustang there was a car door laying in the middle of the road and i hit it doing 80 and it stuck under my car. I had to have a tow truck lift me up so we could get it out. Aside from a few scratches it didnt do any damage at all.

flight1us

Ready to race!
posted in wrong section
How hard did you hit it?

Did you crack the oil pan or just guessing?

Could be damage to the tire sidewalls, check them regularly for signs of a bubble, this includes jacking it up and looking at the inside sidewall. Bent wheels are of course a chance, while it's jacked up check for run out. Might want to pay attention for a vibration at specific speeds to see if wheels are out of balance.

I mean, the list is extensive but really depends on how thick it was and how hard you hit it.

Also, why is this in the Marketplace? LOL

Posted in wrong section hopefully a mod can help out lol oil pan is cracked it pretty much took a crap right in my driveway after hitting it , im gonna jack up the car today after i get out of work. hopefully just a new pan is needed

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Posted in wrong section hopefully a mod can help out

LOL

I was gonna say, are you looking for a spare oil pan? :)

So, you are going to get one of the aluminum replacements right? Might as well. And a Street Shield might be a good add on right now. :D

flight1us

Ready to race!
LOL

I was gonna say, are you looking for a spare oil pan? :)

So, you are going to get one of the aluminum replacements right? Might as well. And a Street Shield might be a good add on right now. :D

i actually just received a replacement from FCPeuro so hopefully this weekend i can get it knocked out over a six pack