GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How pair new key Fob to a mk6 golf(gti)

clayrybus

Hi, I have had a gti for around 6 months now needed some work, and finally got everything together. I just can't seem to figure out how to pair a new key fob to the vehicle I bought a brand new key fob from Volkswagon. Any help on how to pair it, I really don't want to pay the dealer 140 dollars for something super easy

Thumper

Autocross Champion

clayrybus

thank you so much for the help. I have tried this technique numerous times now and does not work. The problem is I do not have a key currently paired to the car so that technique will not work. Any other ways this is possible. I'm starting to think the dealer might be my best bet.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
I'd say there's nothing you can do, you need the file/programming for the car to load on the blank key. If you don't have an existing one to beam that info to the blank one you are SOL. You can't create data from nothing, it's like trying to put a file on a flashdrive without a computer with the file stored on it......it's not going to happen. lol

clayrybus

yeah exactly I ended up taking it to a dealer near me and they charged me 160 dollars to reprogram as many keys as I had(two). They also did a full point inspection and washed the car. Not worth the headache to save 160 dollars honestly.