GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

hub centric rings

gooftroop69

Passed Driver's Ed
I am gonna order a set of of 16 in steelies with firestone winterforce 205/55/16 tires from Tire Rack, am i gonna need a set of rings or will the steelies be fine without any on there?????? Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion
I am gonna order a set of of 16 in steelies with firestone winterforce 205/55/16 tires from Tire Rack, am i gonna need a set of rings or will the steelies be fine without any on there?????? Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated

youll have to find out the center bore size of the steelies. our center bore is 57.1 iirc.

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion
OK but what about anybody who has them on their ride did you use them ????

if the center bore on the steelies is bigger than the bore on our cars and you dont use hubcentric rings, youll have terrible vibration. i had to run hub rings on my BBS CHs cuz they had a bigger center bore. without them i had terrible vibration on the highway.

i suggest metal ones as well. plastic ones just plain suck.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
tirerack should tell you if you need hub rings or not. Otherwise, call and ask em. usually they include them for free.

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
tirerack should tell you if you need hub rings or not. Otherwise, call and ask em. usually they include them for free.

What he said. Tire Rack will include everything you need. They are awesome, be sure to use the link through this forum!

Sonny@TireRack.com

sonny@tirerack.com

You will not need centering rings but you will want to use the lug bolts we send. Any other questions, please feel free to let me know.

Sonny